[Help] When idle, display welcome screen on resume.

tubui

I was wondering if anyone can help me make it so that when I go idle and when I come back it takes me to the Windows XP login screen and I just click my username and it restores my stuff the way I had it. Say I go idle for 20 minutes and I come back, I want to make it so that I see the Windows XP login screen that I get when I first turn on my computer.

Title edited -- Please, use [TAGS] in your topic's title.

Please follow XP Forum Rules from now on.

--Sonic

Edited by tubui

Check the Display Properties -> Screen Saver tab. Make sure "On resume, display Welcome screen" is checked.

I only have "On resume, password protect" How do I get to choose Welcome Screen?

It doesn't work. I enabled Fast Switching and I restarted but I still get the "On resume, password protect" And no display Windows XP Screen. :realmad:

Edited by tubui

imho you should check the "Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby" in the power management control panel advanced tab

and set a password for your acc

Edited by EGRES

Tubui,

go to:

Display Properties --> Screen Saver --> Power --> PowerSchemes Tab --> from the dropdown list select "system standby" in 20 mins..

That should do it..

If you press Windows-L, do you get the welcome screen?

Yes I do :thumbup but now how do I make it so that on the Screensaver > Display tab, I make it so that it says "On resume, display welcome screen" when idle?