x64 media player 10 toolbar

Don't know whether to put this here or post under other topic. If it doesn't belong here please move to the appropriate topic.

Anyway, I haven't found how to make a toolbar for wmp10 as in usual x32 windows xp's. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

very interesting question......it seems that registering wmpband.dll has no effect .....

i look into system32 and sysWOW64 and found regsvr32 in both folders....

@boooggy I did my homework and already tried that... Still no joy. Probably I'll move to Winamp (although i hate it) because it has a plugin that creates a toolbar. Or maybe I'll find a way (or someone esle here will). Google's no help at all in this issue, M$ neither.

wmp in xp64 does create a toolbar, if your running the 32bit explorer, with the default 64 bit one it doesn't create one :( i missed this feature a lot! i think its because wmp is still 32bit, so it only works with the 32bit explorer, i think if you end explorer with the taskmanager then run '%SystemRoot%\syswow64\explorer.exe /separate' it should then use the 32bit explorer and the toolbar will work!

• 3 weeks later...
wmp in xp64 does create a toolbar, if your running the 32bit explorer, with the default 64 bit one it doesn't create one :( i missed this feature a lot! i think its because wmp is still 32bit, so it only works with the 32bit explorer, i think if you end explorer with the taskmanager then run '%SystemRoot%\syswow64\explorer.exe /separate' it should then use the 32bit explorer and the toolbar will work!

Great,it works! :D

I wonder if there is any way we can set the 32bit explorer as default.... well,it's kinda silly, i admit

i think you can just set it to default shell in the registery

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\

then change shell to '%SystemRoot%\syswow64\explorer.exe'

just tried it, works fine, not sure if theres any benifit in using the 64bit explorer over the 32bit...

although once its changed over, regedit displays explorer.exe although it still loads the 32bit shell, don't quite understand, but it does work, and i'm not sure why i didn't do this before as i love the wmp toolbar!

Edited by Stead