FTP Server or FTP Client

I just need some help guys, and thought id post this so other can get help from this to.

My First Question.

FTP Server or FTP Client - What is the Difference?

My Second Question.

Which software would you recommend? (and why?)

(something with easy options that allow you to change the file access rights or do they all do that? :P )

My Third Question.

If theres something else that i should know regarding FTP... Please Mention it Below! :thumbup

Finally...

Thanks You In Advance.

KEEP UP The GOOD Work MSFN!

Z!.

***Edit***

Separate from the above question...

At the moment i use http://www.unlimitedftp.ca/myftp/index.jsp, I am behind a proxy at work, could you guys also recommend an FTP software with a proxy support.

Differences between the FTP Client and the FTP Server?

Well, the client is what you use to connect to the server.

The client is used to download, upload, modify permissions (files and folders), add folders, delete folders, etc.

The server side is where you setup accounts with the proper permissions to each user you create and decide what folders will be shared (if any) and the upload files directory.

My suggestion to FTP Client/Server is Filezilla. You have the client side of the applications as well as the server side.

Why Filezilla? It's free and it's easy to work with.

Do you plan on making this FTP Server available from the Internet? If not, don't worry about the proxy. If you plan to use the Internet to connect to the Server, you will have to make sure that the proxy accepts FTP traffic and forward request on the public side of the proxy (WAN - port 20 and 21) to your LAN FTP server IP address, also with port 20 and 21.

Don't report a post just to thank someone. Report's are used for illegal activities, threads on the wrong forum or something that requires a moderator's immediate attention.

I'm glad it worked.

Sorry Gouki,

I was serving a customer at work... at the computer shop, and posted the comments accidentally by clicking on Report with out releasing (only releasing while it was submitting).

once again thanks Gouki :)

hey! Jeremy you just repeated what Gouki said :P

Anyway, Respect to both of you.

Peace.

Z!.