windows media center pe

deathwarder

I was wondering if it was possible to make a dvd that will boot into mce, fully configured with all of my settings and drivers installed, so that if I take the dvd out and reboot, im back inmy normal install, but if I put it in, it boots mce, preconfigured

thanks, the exact plugins I am looking for are....

dx9

windows media player 10

some way to integrate drivers and settings(this includes network settings

some way to integrate standby and other powermanagment

some way to change they gui to look just like a normal xp install

finally, I need to integrate the mce components and certain codecs

thanks, and sorry if this is asking too much

• 2 weeks later...

You can build a bartPE from winMCE without problems - since all the needed files are there.

As for sound and theme support - I would definitively recommend going into the UBCD4WIN forums, where they distribute a package with all the things you've been searching for: network support, themes, all sort of multimedia and disk rescue tools, and a huge pack of drivers..

UBCD4WIN

You might also consider Reatogo (from the CD forum), it's also based on XPE - and therefore supports themes and sound.

This is a much easier approach rather than searching for all drivers all applications for yourself and use these builds as a start point..

I hope this helps!

:lol:

• 2 months later...

Same here no Problems with MCE2005 and if you have some (for example DELL OEM), you only have to add missing files.

I made a Bart PE with all drivers with UBCD4WIN and BTS driver pack. I had to use both because the mass storage Driver from the BTS pack were buggy. I hope it will be fixed some day!

• 1 year later...