probalem with BT browser and 98

hougtimo

Hi,

One of my clients has a little problem with viewing some interactive websites on his computer. He is running Windows 98 (not sure if it first or se) and the browser he is using it BT Browser (which I do belive is IE based) and has BT Broadband. Now the site sometimes works ok, but on other occasions it just freezes. Closing the browser and re-opening it sorts it, but it is silly it doesnt work. Does anybody have any ideas on what thi could be? Could it just be a browser problem and swiching to firefox will sort it?

Thanks

HougTimo

www.opera.com :D that should fix the problem, IE is a piece of garbage. always has been always will be.

it would also help if he upgraded from the old obsolete 98 to atleast WinXP. it baffles me as to why ppl would still use 98, pcs are so cheap nowdays that anyone could afford to get a pc that will run xp as thats the only reason why they wouldnt want to. Its not like win98 is better than xp at anything it does.

try maxthon....one of the best ie shells out there.

http://www.maxthon.com/

it would also help if he upgraded from the old obsolete 98 to atleast WinXP. it baffles me as to why ppl would still use 98, pcs are so cheap nowdays that anyone could afford to get a pc that will run xp as thats the only reason why they wouldnt want to. Its not like win98 is better than xp at anything it does.

why are you on a W98 forum, bashing 98? i built them all from scratch, never buy new. i have 6 pc's at home so I don't think 500 bucks just for sw is cheap. So what about guys and gals like us that have pc's that are fast enough and don't need to buy new sw?

He's also not saying whether IE works OK on those pages...I have no trouble with IE but we're not here to flame, right? We are here to help.

Check out maxthon.

Edited by jasinwa