Installing from CD

Dear ALL

I have creat unattended windows XP setup CD with some software installation, I don't want to copy all application to the hard drive to start installation, I want the installation to be run direct from the CD.

I am using WPI to post installation.

the path for WPI file is

XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\WPI\WPI.cmd (XPCD is installation CD in my CDROM)

and the path for [GuiRunOnce] in WINNT.SIF file is:

%systemdrive%\install\WPI\WPI.cmd

and the applications path is

XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\applications (XPCD is installation CD in my CDROM)

and I have entered the application path in the command in WPI like this for example

%systemdrive%\install\Applications\AdobeReader6\AdbeRdr60_enu_full.exe -p"-s /v\"/qn\""

like this everything is working but after copying the whole document to Hard Drive :no:

I want to run the installation Direct from CD, so how my pathes should be...

Please HELP ASAP

Edited by reagent

Dear ALL

I have creat unattended windows XP setup CD with some software installation, I don't want to copy all application to the hard drive to start installation, I want the installation to be run direct from the CD.

I am using WPI to post installation.

the path for WPI file is

XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\WPI\WPI.cmd (XPCD is installation CD in my CDROM)

and the path for [GuiRunOnce] in WINNT.SIF file is:

%systemdrive%\install\WPI\WPI.cmd

and the applications path is

XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\applications (XPCD is installation CD in my CDROM)

and I have entered the application path in the command in WPI like this for example

%systemdrive%\install\Applications\AdobeReader6\AdbeRdr60_enu_full.exe -p"-s /v\"/qn\""

like this everything is working but after copying the whole document to Hard Drive :no:

I want to run the installation Direct from CD, so how my pathes should be...

Please HELP ASAP

if you really want to install from CD, there is no need to place this in $OEM$. Place all what is not needed to copy in seperate maps without "$BLAHBLAH$", this will shorten your setupinstall because this isnt copied over. So XPCD\Install\WPI\WPI.CMD

"%cdrom%\install\Applications\AdobeReader6\AdbeRdr60_enu_full.exe -p"-s /v\"/qn\""

Please help asap isnt really what i (and other people) do like to see, next time i want to see you really readed ANY howtos (the one from MSFN is very good), or do some search. When you really have searched, you have founded my own topic with a howto install directly from CD (this is created in WPI forum).

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=60837&hl=

Edited by Solid as a rock