does raid or 2gb ram matter in game?

Woomera

i wanted to know if a raid 160gb sata hard make any diffrence in game playing against an only one 160gb sata hdd(same brand/model).and also does 1gb ram have diffrence with 2gb ram(in games)?

I moved from 1gb to 2gb and black & white 2 and sims 2 load faster and dont lag thrashing the hard drive anymore. Some people say it's overkill but i say the more the better. Also it's good to have if you use vmware alot.

i will most likely get raid sometime but just with a sataII drive my loading times are pretty fast

Raid0 felt slower to me when loading games. It might have been faster on benchmarks but it just seemed to take forever for anything to load up with a 64k stripe. Single drive was faster. What really helped more than anything was the bump to 2gb ram :D

then i would suggest redoing ur raid setup. what size are your clusters? over at the dfi forums they are shown that a 4:1 ratio is the best. so a 64k stripe and a 16k cluster is what u should be looking at.

then i would suggest redoing ur raid setup. what size are your clusters? over at the dfi forums they are shown that a 4:1 ratio is the best. so a 64k stripe and a 16k cluster is what u should be looking at.

I was using optimal for the stripe in the raid bios then used 64k stripe same sluggish speed either way, and i dunno what the cluster size was, i guess whatever xp decided it should be at the format prompt. I'd try it again but i've already placed the 2 80gig drives i bought for raid in my mac and an external enclosure so I'll just stick with what i got now. I didnt like having to load those raid drivers every time i reinstalled xp either. intergrating them works ok but still it's such a pain for frequent reinstalls having to open the case and unhook the drives you DONT have in raid otherwise it'll mess everything up and wont boot right :/