Sempron 64bit

3aces

IF u had a CnQ processor, then u would install the driver in jago_lfn's post.. and then under 'power options' in control panel set it to 'minimal power management'. then it will be enabled. cpu-z will show the changes.

sometimes u have to enable it in bios too.. but it is usually by default.

BUT u have a 2800+ sempron, and cool and quiet is only enabled in the 3000+ and above.

its not all lost thou.. u should be able to reduce your CPU voltage quite a bit- my e6 sempron64 (3000+) will run at 1.25v @2.3ghz.. so if your sticking to 1.6 then u should be able to undervolt more.. many people get 1.0-1.1v.

reducing voltage reduces heat/power more than underclocking.

and if u find u never need up to 1.6ghz then u could underclock the processor a bit too.

IF u had a CnQ processor, then u would install the driver in jago_lfn's post.. and then under 'power options' in control panel set it to 'minimal power management'. then it will be enabled. cpu-z will show the changes.

sometimes u have to enable it in bios too.. but it is usually by default.

BUT u have a 2800+ sempron, and cool and quiet is only enabled in the 3000+ and above.

its not all lost thou.. u should be able to reduce your CPU voltage quite a bit- my e6 sempron64 (3000+) will run at 1.25v @2.3ghz.. so if your sticking to 1.6 then u should be able to undervolt more.. many people get 1.0-1.1v.

reducing voltage reduces heat/power more than underclocking.

and if u find u never need up to 1.6ghz then u could underclock the processor a bit too.

my motherboard wont let me change voltage... just incase your wondering its an asrock K8NF4G

edit: because my mobo is s754, could i change the processor to maybe a mobile athlon64 or even a turion64??????

Edited by POW!!

The 2800+ Sempron64 has no Cool ´n´ Quiet so your motherboards will not allow you to change the voltage settings. You can volt-mod the motherboard trough ;)...

right ok so underclocking is out the question unless i buy a new cpu!!!

so moving on to "can i use a mobile cpu (Mobile Athlon64) on my current mobo???"

• 1 month later...

(i know this is old but still..) no, thats wrong. u can undervolt in the bios with any CPU.. it just depends on the motherboard. i'm guessing urs doesn't support undervolting or its some kind of hidden option. use google. the lack of CnQ only affects the ability to undervolt and change multiplier on the fly *in windows*.

there are a couple of types of mobile A64 IIRC, i think some are more likely to work than others (like DTR, that kind of thing)..

for the 'truer' mobiles including some (if not all) a64-m's, and all turions, MB support is very patchy, that urs will work is unlikely, the DFI seems to be the best one for supporting them, but a couple of others. 1/2 even officially support turion..

anyway if u still care then i suggest u ask at a hardware site.. or silentpcreview.com