XPize and Windows Updates

Dreadnought

hello, I've had this problem with another theming program suite, where I download the theme, and it's all fine, and then I download and install a windows update, and they overwrite the themed files I had, , and, in this particular case, the theme suite overwrote the updated files automatically on reboot, essentially opening me up to the exploits that were patched by the windows updates.

my question is: does XPize use current, updated, files from mircosoft to protect me from vulnerabilities that are in older versions of windows resources?

What if one removes the resource from a file before installing XPize? Would XPize, in that case, add the resource back to the file? People do this often times to decrease load times. Consequently, XPize could have a negative effect by increasing their load times.

What if one removes the resource from a file before installing XPize? Would XPize, in that case, add the resource back to the file? People do this often times to decrease load times. Consequently, XPize could have a negative effect by increasing their load times.

XPize only adds "XPizeable" resources, not all of them. It may conincide with one or two resources a person may remove, but not many.

hello, I've had this problem with another theming program suite, where I download the theme, and it's all fine, and then I download and install a windows update, and they overwrite the themed files I had, , and, in this particular case, the theme suite overwrote the updated files automatically on reboot, essentially opening me up to the exploits that were patched by the windows updates.

my question is: does XPize use current, updated, files from mircosoft to protect me from vulnerabilities that are in older versions of windows resources?

I dont know if I'm asking your question, but XPize does the following:

After you install a hotfix (or go to Windows Update) XPize Reloader makes a backup of the file in question (the latests version you have just installed) and repatchs it to make it XPize again. Then if you decide to uninstalll XPize completely, the latest version of original files will be restored.