Unattended XP

Ok I added it in FAQ but don't know if it took cause I don't see it. sorry, not used to that wiki thing

Pending

Requester Timestamp Description Request Commands

maxXPsoft 2006-04-15 01:03:24 Replace XP Bliss Wallpaper add faq

Edited by maxXPsoft

Djé was right,

Except that when you try to make an improvement to the guide but it is rolled back by some anonymous admin and your work is discarded without any notice nor reason (good or bad) given, not even talking about discussing the point, you won't do it twice...

they just delete so whats the use of adding anything to that

I know for fact that method works for XP home or Pro and have been using that since Version 3.1.2 of my own UACD app so thats been quite awhile.

The only time I deny ANYTHING on the Unattended site, is when an Edit is submitted and no reason is given. If it's a new addition I approve all of them. Now, it could be that I accidentally deleted a few entries when I disabled a feature of the site. People obviously didn't know how to use it and it was bogging down the Pending Operations.

It should be noted however, if the entry is denied through the site, then you should recieve an email of why (unless you didn't specify a reason for an edit, then I see no reason to give you a reason for denial) as well as the entry you provided.

Alanoll

Was not an Edit so it was definitely NEW.

My post was only thing pending when I checked it

I don't see anywhere in the guide how to replace Bliss for XP

So I added to FAQ and Stated title as Replace Bliss on XP

my Method here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=71469

Yeah, I remember recieving the eMail for it. I didn't touch it, and since it was a FAQ, there's only two other people who can. What could have also happened, was I accidentally deleted it when I truncated the tables while disabling the move feature.

The only time I deny ANYTHING on the Unattended site, is when an Edit is submitted and no reason is given. [...]

It should be noted however, if the entry is denied through the site, then you should recieve an email of why (unless you didn't specify a reason for an edit, then I see no reason to give you a reason for denial) as well as the entry you provided.

Thanks for the feedback Alanoll.

Now it makes sense: when I edited a page, this is how I did it:

-edit the page itself,

-provide a reason,

-click on 'preview' (or equivalent) to double check,

-maybe (but most probably) modify further and preview again,

-submit the final page only when I was happy with it.

The thing is: as I was clicking the 'submit' button, I noticed that my input in the REASON field had disapeared during the previewing stage(s).

I said to myself 'oh fcuk', but then it was too late to start it over:

I didn't want to double post since I did not know that providing a reason was mandatory (even if I think this is a good rule).

So here is a suggestion: tweak the wiki engine so that the 'reason' field is not dropped when previewing, and/or insert a strong warning asking to double check that field, next to the submit button.

Cheers and thanks again for the amazing work. I'm completely satisfied with your clarifications.

I'll try to post again on the wiki now that I know what went wrong.

ps: Sorry for the 'anonymous administrator'. It was the closest match I could give to what I was understanding of the situation at this time.

I must admit, I have been pretty adsent in regards to the Unattended site. I'll make the modifications to the site in due time though they probably won't be soon. I'm working on another project at the moment, and that plus schooling and life doesn't leave much other time. lol.