HFSLIP Including .Net Updates

SURGE

I have been working with HFSLIP to slipstream updates into a Windows 2000 installation CD. I have succeded in getting all updates included into one installation CD with IE 6. The only updates I am having trouble with are all the .Net Framework Updates which require 3 restarts.

These updates are: MS .Net Framework 2.0 (KB829019)

MS .Net Framework 1.1 (KB886903)

MS .Net Framework 1.1 SP1 (KB867460, i think)

Security Update MS .Net Framework 1.1 SP1 (KB886903)

SURGE, don't use RyanVM's .NET 2.0 installer. As a matter of fact, don't use anyone's. .NET 2.0 cannot be slipstreamed/integrated via SVCPACK or GUIRunOnce like the other installers. They will not work.

However, I believe that Zxian's installer for .NET 2.0 does in fact work. You'd have to search for it; I don't have an exact link ready for you.

RyanVM's installers all work fine(in HFSVCPACK). The problem is on the user's end - they need to have Windows Installer 3.1 in their OS prior to installing .net2.0. It seems currently HFSLIP is the only tool that lets you do this? :thumbup I know nLite can't.

I've tried it 3 times so far(Win2k only), and it works flawlessly every time.

I could be wrong, but I believe I tried RyanVM's .NET 2.0 installer once with HFSLIP. Windows Installer 3.1 was included too, of course. It didn't work. That's why I used Zxian's installer.

Now I just don't bother with 2.0 anymore because I don't have any programs that require it. Not to mention that its installation takes awfully long....

Edited by Tomcat76

.net2.0 install didn't take that long on my system, but I guess I'm not following the rules. I don't know when you tried it, but it's possible that he updated the silent installer or something. It's also possible that slipstreaming USP5.1 had some positive effect.