SBLive in Win98SE

bjorland

Before installing any Sound drivers on Windows 98 SE, windows works perfect with no blue screens. Each and everytime when I install Liverware 3.0, I get a blue screen VMU, EMU101K error on it. I also see that the SB16 under device manager is running on IRQ7, and each time I want to change it, it blue screens. The SBlive is on IRQ9, and my Geforce 440MX is on IRQ11. :)

When you install the sounds drivers, is it after having done a clean install of Windows? and with the Liveware ... do you get blue during install or when you try to run the installed program?

Found help on creative's site. There is a problem when you have a coppermine chip with certain versions of the drivers. Any driver between xx.xxx..xxx.615 & 700 gives a blue screen. You need to download the latest, which is somewhere like 714, and edit the registry with a MMX = 1 value. :rolleyes:

And BOB's your uncle. :)

I have a sound blaster live with a copermine chip i have had problems, but they were always rectified when i took the card out and reseated it..

let me know if there are any futher developments with this..

Sunil