Mike Savage gets fired

Homophobe? Like he's afraid of gays? No, he hates the gay lifestyle, but that doesn't make him afraid of them. Find a better word than homophobe, those of you who use it. It makes you sound like you don't have a good grasp of the English language when you just parrot back words that you've heard. It comes from the Greek, "homo", meaning "the same" and "phobos," meaning fear. "Homophobe" roughly means "Fear of things that are the same." I surmise you could put in in the same class as other horribly butchered phrases like "chocoholic."

For those of you who have never heard his show, he's more of a patriot than a bigot. His mantra is "borders, language, and culture." His goal is to preserve those three things in America. People took a minor aspect of his personality, quoted the word "Sodomite", and declared him a "homophobe" (even though he is not afraid of gays). Well, heck, nobody gives Arabs trouble about hating Jews to the point that they vow the extermination of every Jewish man, woman, and child, so why give Mike Savage trouble about disliking homosexuals or even (GASP!!!) calling them a name that hurts their feelings.

In the US, gays are free to be gay, Michael Savage is free to say what he likes about anyone, and his radio station is free to fire him. That's the beauty of our free country. Another station will pick him up in a month anyway, due to phenomenal listener growth. Not to mention that even this bad publicity will only increase his ratings. Look what it did for Madonna in the 80s...

BTW "Sodomite" comes from the city of Sodom in the Biblical book of Genesis, a town full of hookers and yes, gays. They pounded on the door of a man named Lot and demanded to have sex with his male guests.

Phobic is commenly use in regards with the idea that people are commenly affraid of things they dont understand or hate.

The rooted fear causes hatered.

And in responce to HandyBuddy's comments- yes we live in a free country. But there are limitations to our freedoms. This is not a bad thing..i mean i wish everyone could live without limitations but the simple fact is most people are not capable of maintaing that type of responcibity.

I am one that belives that people have the right to think anything they want, and if they wanna preach those belifs in their home or to their family, then so be it. But to force their belifs on people that do not wish to hear such horrific language and vulgarity...that is an injustice. People's sexual and religious views should stay off public mediums such as TV and Radio.Children and anyone that does not wanna hear such rediculs views should not be subjected to them.

On a personal note...i really hope your wrong HandyBuddy...racist and and homophobic people should not be allowed to spread their ill intent to children and people that dont want to hear it.

|Drew|

I edited my post above, and I must also add that by stifling Mike Savage's opinions, a person becomes the same bigot that they claimed he was--putting down a person for what they believe in. He is not racist or "homophobic", just opinionated. Everyone on earth has the right to wish him ill if they so choose.

Yeah..."Everyone's view is acceptable and not to be put down. EXCEPT FOR THOSE EEEEEVIL CONSERVATIVES."

Here is Mike Savage's response to the publicity.

On a personal note...i really hope your wrong HandyBuddy...racist and and homophobic people should not be allowed to spread their ill intent to children and people that dont want to hear it.

No child or person that doesn't want to hear it is forced to listen to him. He's not a dictator; he's a voice on a radio that can be tuned to another station in moments. He doesn't raise children, their parents do.

I think it's just as or more wrong to be a (here comes a made-up, butchered word!) conservativeophobe. Maybe I can add "-oholic" to that.