need help with 4 progs

xbox

hi folks, got some probs here and im starting to pull my hair out :(

ive just about got my disc working fully unattended, except for the following programs

ive not made links to the progs incase it breaks any forum rules

tuneup - installs unattended, but it needs regged and ive tried adding the reg keys (found 2 reg keys in regedit and added both to the unattended disc)

http://w*w.tune-up.com/products/tuneup-utilities/

magiciso - installs unattended but also needs regged and ive added the reg keys for this aswell (found 2 reg keys in regedit and added both to the unattended disc)

http://w*w.magiciso.com/download.htm

belarc - installs silently up to the agree button, i have to agree or decline, installs silently after i do this and the pc specs dont show up after its installed, so its just the agree or decline button i need silent

http://w*w.belarc.com/free_download.html

xbox360 theme - installs silently but asks to apply a theme or close, i just need it to close without any interaction

the theme complete with an installer

ht*p://stardockmedia.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?SID=7562&SkinID=557&LibID=22&u=0

if anyone can help it would be much appreciated, thanx in advance folks

thanx for the info Doc Symbiosis

ill have a browse about in the autoit section

and for magiciso and tuneup it asks for a registration key when i go to run the progs after the disc is installed, im not sure where to get the correct reg key, i can find 2 for each of the progs in regedit, i copy these to my installation but they dont work :(

thanx again folks

xbox360 theme - installs silently but asks to apply a theme or close, i just need it to close without any interaction

the theme complete with an installer

http://stardockmedia.wincustomize.com/View...57&LibID=22&u=0

(Edited to make a working link.)

I only looked at this briefly, but unless the installer is making changes beyond simply making the theme available, I think the easiest way to install this would be to just add the theme files to your uA CD. That is how I install the Final Fantasy theme that I use on my uA CD.

Once the theme has been installed, you should be able to find the theme file in %windir%\Resources\Themes\. I find that most often all files required for the theme will be stored in a subdirectory found in the same folder, but you can open the theme file with Notepad and check to see if it references files that could be stored elsewhere.

Assuming no other files are required, just copy the theme file and the associated subfolder to $OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes on your uA CD. Once this is done, you can also set that theme to be the default, if you want, by adding the following to your WINNT.SIF file:

[Shell]
CustomDefaultThemeFile="%Windir%\Resources\Themes\Final Fantasy.theme"

You will, of course, need to replace "Final Fantasy.theme" with the file name for your own theme.

One thing that might help if you are still having trouble with magiciso and tuneup is installing and running a registry monitor before running each app for the first time. Then run the app, input your registration code, and check which registry keys are modified. You may be overlooking some key entries in a part of the registry that's seperate from the keys you have found.

Also, some registry monitors will also monitor your Program Files and Windows folders. Some programs will create/modify registration files within these folders rather than creating registry keys when the registration process is completed.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your CD.

A Belarc AutoIt script that works for me, every time:

TrayTip('Unattended Installation', 'Installing Belarc Advisor . . . please wait . . .', 0, 1)
Run( @ScriptDir & "\advisor.exe")
WinWait("Belarc Advisor", "Welcome to the Belarc Advisor Setup program")
Sleep(1500)
WinActivate("Belarc Advisor", "Welcome to the Belarc Advisor Setup program")
Sleep(500)
ControlClick ( "Belarc Advisor", "Welcome to the Belarc Advisor Setup program", "Button1")
WinWaitActive("Belarc License Agreement")
Sleep(1500)
WinWaitActive("Belarc License Agreement")
Sleep(500)
ControlClick ( "Belarc License Agreement", "", "Button1")
ProcessWait("IEXPLORE.EXE")
Sleep(2500)
ProcessClose("IEXPLORE.EXE")
Sleep(500)
FileDelete( @DesktopCommonDir & "\Belarc*.lnk")
Sleep(100)
FileDelete( @DesktopDir & "\Belarc*.lnk")
Sleep(100)
FileDelete( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Belarc*.lnk")
FileDelete( @ProgramsDir & "\Belarc*.lnk")
FileDelete( @AppDataCommonDir & "\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Belarc*.lnk")
FileDelete( @AppDataDir & "\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Belarc*.lnk")
Sleep(100)
FileCopy( @ScriptDir & "\Belarc Advisor.lnk", @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Accessories\System Tools")
TrayTip("clear tip","",0)
Sleep(1500)

TrayTip('Unattended Installation', 'Updating Belarc Advisor . . . please wait . . .', 0, 1)
Run( @ScriptDir & "\Extras\Belarc\advisor_update.exe")
WinWait("Belarc Advisor", "Welcome to the Belarc Advisor Security Update")
Sleep(500)
WinActivate("Belarc Advisor", "Welcome to the Belarc Advisor Security Update")
Sleep(500)
ControlClick("Belarc Advisor", "Welcome to the Belarc Advisor Security Update", "Button1")
Sleep(1500)
ProcessWait("IEXPLORE.EXE")
Sleep(2500)
ProcessClose("IEXPLORE.EXE")
TrayTip("clear tip","",0)
Sleep(1500)

Put advisor.exe and advisor_update.exe and copy a shortcut file into the same directory as the script. Belarc reads out the system specs after each install and displays the results through IE, so I wait for that process and then kill it. I contacted the people at Belarc long ago, asking about silent install switches. They were flabbergasted that anyone using the free version would attempt same and were no help at all. Hope this helps.

Edited by blinkdt

thanx again Doc Symbiosis for that wee prog, InstallRite

i made installkits with it for all the 4 progs i was having probs with and they all install unattended, didnt need a switch either :P

and no need to register them when i go to run them

just got 2 small probs now magiciso and xbox360 desktop both install fine but dont show up on the start menu,

there just installed straight to the C:\Program Files

is there anyway i can get them to show up on my start menu unattended