moving my computer but keeping same io

deathwarder

ok, my comp is in my room, the hottest one in my house, is there a way to move it into my basement, which is about 10-15degrees cooler, yet still have the io in my room, I have spare laptops if they are needed, and lots of cables, just cant string cables into my room

well long mouse/keyboard/monitor cables would be the best solution, why cant u string the cables? i know that when a cable line was put in my parents bedroom, the cabled guy strung the cable wire thru a heat vent going from the basement to my parents room. then he drilled a hole in the wall so that the cable could come out. maybe u could do something like that.

well u could string the cables..

i dont see a way of doing this without the cables if u want to get the true performance out of your computer. if it is that hot then get more fans, watercoolig, or an air conditioner for your room.

Keyboard and mouse cables are not recommended to be over 6ft.

Monitor cables are not recommended to be over 8ft.

Even if you could connect such long cables, it probably wouldn't work at all.

Best solution would be to add more fans to your computer and get air conditioner.

Watercooling might also work well.

I agree with others saying that you should try to do something with the comp instead of moving it too far away. Moving it a bit is ok, I've got my comp 3 metres away.

You can use another comp as a thin client... The performance will not be the same though.

Also, just a note, VGA cables can work up2 50ft, I got a 3 year old laptop, sending a signal down a 50t long vga cable to a projector, and works perfect :P
I suppose it depends a bit on the resolution and the input sensitivity... your projector might have better sensitivity so that it can handle a lower voltage signal and the lower resolution means the frequency effects of a long cable are less noticeable. I've tried 1600x1200 through three 8ft cables connected together (24ft) and the result is a lot of noise and blurring on the screen.