Sun Java problem

Ryan is absolutely correct - this isn't an "update" to IE, per se, it's a "behavior modification" caused by the Eolas patent lawsuit that was lost. If you want to blame someone, blame Eolas (or the patent system) - Microsoft is doing what it has been court-ordered to do.
Indeed
A real solution would be to not use ActiveX controls at all, but I doubt people will stop using them anytime soon in webpages.

For sure, it would be better if activex could be "killed" in IE7 and co, and be repalced by "usual" plugin system (with limited right, etc...). That's why I prefer FF to IE (at this moment ^^).

Did any of todays updates fix it?

Hm, it seems to work after the new updates. can anyone confirm?

Hmmm, should i says ... yes !?

I have deinstalled KB912945 and then installing all new hotfix from today, after a litlle reboot i've made the same test (www.norsk-tipping.no & Mine spill). And guess what ? It works, at least for me, but I haven't compare files between KB912945 and KB912812, so I can't tell if this new hotfix replaced KB912945 for activex management ?

Anyway no crash with this new hotfix.....

Edited by cyberyeye

Yes, it appears that, for the most part, the new update from today includes the fixes for the issues with the previous (February) version of the update. I was told this was to be the case, but I can't say for certain that everything reported on the old update has been fixed, so time will tell.