Multi Manufacturer Pre-Activation

Can't i just leave to original "dell" set left in place (both in /i386 dir as in dosnet, txtsetup, doesn't it get overwritten by smbios2 command at t9 of the installation process?

SFC runs a full scan at T-9. If you leave the origionals where SFC can find then they will be restored.

Are you sure about that?

I just finished a install on HP system with modified Dell Oem CD Media, right files are still in place...thus not being replaced by DELL original oembios.* files SFC at T-9

I md5 compared installed files, it are guaranteed the HP ones and not the original DELL

Edited by FreeStyler

Can't i just leave to original "dell" set left in place (both in /i386 dir as in dosnet, txtsetup, doesn't it get overwritten by smbios2 command at t9 of the installation process?

SFC runs a full scan at T-9. If you leave the origionals where SFC can find then they will be restored.

Are you sure about that?

I just finished a install on HP system with modified Dell Oem CD Media, right files are still in place...thus not being replaced by DELL original oembios.* files SFC at T-9

I md5 compared installed files, it are guaranteed the HP ones and not the original DELL

I'm using a hologrammed CD as my base installation. Do you have any other customizations on your CD such as a hacked sfc_os.dll?

I'm using a hologrammed CD as my base installation. Do you have any other customizations on your CD such as a hacked sfc_os.dll?

Official DELL OEM Media, no other modifications besides "our" vender specific oembios files in \$OEM$ folder

Official DELL OEM Media, no other modifications besides "our" vender specific oembios files in \$OEM$ folder

I'm going to have to try this out. Which files are in your dllcache? if you delete the files in the system32 folder will it replace them with the files in the dllcache or does it ask for the CD?

I'm going to have to try this out. Which files are in your dllcache? if you delete the files in the system32 folder will it replace them with the files in the dllcache or does it ask for the CD?

dllcache, only the *.cat file....others are missing there.....what the hell is going on here?

Edited by FreeStyler

dllcache, only the *.cat file....others are missing there.....what the hell is going on here?

It looks like you're not using my current scripts from post 43. http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=512579 Which version of my script are you using, or did you modify one of my scripts?

It looks like you're not using my current scripts from post 43. http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=512579 Which version of my script are you using, or did you modify one of my scripts?

No, i'am using current scripts posted in post #43 - No Modifications...i am using "Dutch" Windows XP OEM Media though,so maybe...?

@ZaForD you might find FUJITSU SIEMENS oembios files @ my RapidShare folder

1. Acer
  2. Asus
  3. BenQ
  4. Compaq
  5. Dell
  6. eMachines
  7. Founder
  8. Fujitsu
  9. Fujitsu-Siemens
  10. Gateway
  11. Hedy
  12. Hewlett-Packard
  13. IBM
  14. Legend
  15. Lenovo
  16. Medion
  17. Packard-Bell
  18. Samsung
  19. Sony
  20. Targa
  21. TCL
  22. Tsinghua Tongfang Computer
  23. Toshiba

Wishlist

• NEC
  • LG

Edited by FreeStyler

@FreeStyler, thanks for the files.

A question though,

Your files are for XP pro, aren't they?

Because, the Toshiba & Compaq ones have different md5 sums than mines on my XPhome systems.

Corollary: wouldn't it be useful to collect also the XP home files? or am I missing something?

@FreeStyler, thanks for the files.

A question though,

Your files are for XP pro, aren't they?

Because, the Toshiba & Compaq ones have different md5 sums than mines on my XPhome systems.

Corollary: wouldn't it be useful to collect also the XP home files? or am I missing something?

The files are interchangable between Home and Pro.

Even though they have different md5 hash and XP home and Pro are using different ProductID?

So the OEMBIOS.* files are not related to the ProductID? They are 2 different locks (at least on XP home where the ProductID seems to be more specific)?

Even though they have different md5 hash and XP home and Pro are using different ProductID?

So the OEMBIOS.* files are not related to the ProductID? They are 2 different locks (at least on XP home where the ProductID seems to be more specific)?

I've used a number of OEMBIOS files collected from Home Edition to install Pro, this is part of my upgrade procedure. In fact I can upgrade from Home to Pro using the bits from evaluation media and still maintain preactivation and pass WGA. (I will not publish a tutorial so don't even ask.) I never saw the need to use Pro OEMBIOS files to install Home so I never tried it.