My close encounter with death

Last night at exactly 11pm, i was driving home from work. It was raining, and as i was about to go around a sharp bend, i notice a car speeding up behind me. I had to speed up cuz if the car had of hit me from behind, it would have sent me straight into a concrete barrier, killing me instantly. So I speed up, get round the majority of the corner and my car slid sideways. To correct the slide so i wouldnt slam into a telegraph pole, i countersteered, too much and it sent me into a spin. I managed to regain control of my car, narrowly missing a car that was doing 100km/h easy, if i had of hit the car, i wouldn't be posting here on MSFN any more. All that saved me are skills that my dad has tought me...be greatful for life as it can be taken away from you in an instant.

indeed.. me myself had a few close encounters.. makes u really think a lot of thinks in life

That it does, i will appreciate every second of my life from now on :) . It really freaks ya out when stuff like that happens

indeed.. me myself had a few close encounters.. makes u really think a lot of thinks in life

That it does, i will appreciate every second of my life from now on :) . It really freaks ya out when stuff like that happens

It also has an amazing way of making you realize that all those trivial things we, as people, get so wrapped in are really exactly what they are... trivial.

Glad you are ok and still with us...

My Wife and I had a serious accident 7/14/02 and are both still recovering. Lucky to be alive. Lots of stuff broken inside and still hurt quite a bit...Regardless of that We are alive. We tend to forget how quickly everything can change...

Glad you are ok and still with us...

My Wife and I had a serious accident 7/14/02 and are both still recovering. Lucky to be alive. Lots of stuff broken inside and still hurt quite a bit...Regardless of that We are alive. We tend to forget how quickly everything can change...

Thanx rik, that is true, only takes a fraction of a second

Been there done that. I spit in Death's eye. Dont get me wrong. I know how precious life is and have much respect for anyone who has ever faced death. Still, I know I will loose to it one of these days and when I do it better be ready.

When I was 6 my mum had a car accident with me +two other little girls the same age we car pooled with. One of the girls was sitting in the middle and had a full bladder. The force of our car+her full bladder meant she nearly died from poisoning. Now my mum wont let anyone sit in the middle unless they have to. My mum reckons it was her car that saved her...she was driving a golf. That's why we all drive volkswagens in our family now :) The guy that caused us the accident never got sued, he went to the police station, handed in his licence and said he'd never drive again and got away scot free. Life's just unfair

Thank god ur here rufo!!!! I've had some scary stuff happen to me too, but never as bad as that.

All that saved me are skills that my dad has tought me...

Hmmmmm ... Do your dad spin around in his car nearly getting killed often then? :) ... naaw, bad joke! Nice that nothing happened! ... A car crash is a stupid way to die! :rolleyes: