[Help] mmc error

angel0104

You dont get an error saying it is required to have Internet Explorer?

EDIT: Maybe your IE.inf got corrupted somehow.

Go to Start > Run > C:\Windows\INF

Locate the IE.INF, Right Click it and select Install.

Edited by Gouki

I noticed this problem aswell after installing Xpize 4.2. Most likely you used Ryans update pack. There is some sort of conflict in it somewhere. I have attatched the mmc file that auto extracts into the proper directory for you. I use this too extract at RunOnce after Xpize has done it thing. If you just double click it, it will install the proper file...

Got a fix for you

http://abadaba.googlepages.com/mmc_fix.exe

-=Abadaba=-

HRRRm i cant add files....I have 4.88mb left but it wont let me upload...= \

Edited by abadaba

Here are some things you should check:

1. Check permissions on the WINDOWS\Registration folder - Administrators, System, and Users should all be listed - Administrators and System should have full control, Users should have at least read access.

2. Check the impersonate a client after authentication policy setting in gpedit.msc under Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment. You should at least have Administrators and SERVICE in there.

3. Check the bypass traverse checking right in gpedit.msc under Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment. You should have Administrators, Backup Operators, Everyone, Power Users, and Users in there at the least.

4. Export the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Ole key, and then delete the defaultpermissions subkey and reboot.

5. If you still can't open MMC's, delete the entire Ole key and import one from a working machine and reboot.