how to install Win Xp as a client, and Win2003 as a Server on my LAN?

hamed

There's PDF and online guides of XP here: http://windows.radified.com/ - I don't think it is good, but it is step by step.

Honestly, just boot off the CD's and read the screens. It walks you through it. There really isn't a tutorial that is needed. I used to have a simulator where you could do a mock install, but that was from the Trainer manuals and isn't freeware. I would just through the disk in and try it. Accept all of the defaults and see how it goes. Worst case, blow it away and try it again.

If you really aren't comfortable doing that, I would call in someone to do it for you. It may be worth a few $$$ to save you the agrevation!

Edited by cyberpyr8

There are also an endless supply of very detailed books on the subject at any large book store. They cover the full spread of people's knowlege, so they'll range from step by step books all the way up to guides dedicated to well seasoned system engineers.

thank you so much ...

i have a little experince with a normal way ..

what i asking for is how to use Win2003 Server for Control all clients(win XP) (like contolling accounts and so fourth)

in another word; how to install winXP as a client, and 2003 as a Server?

thanks again.

thank you so much ...

i have a little experince with a normal way ..

what i asking for is how to use Win2003 Server for Control all clients(win XP) (like contolling accounts and so fourth)

thanks again.

Okay, I think I see what you are looking for.

You want to install Win2003 as an Active Directory controller with your WinXP clients as domain members. All of your account administration would be done with Active Directory accounts and you can handle client configuration and lockdown using Active Directory Group Policies.

Hope that helps you along the way.

I have a small LAN, and want install Windows Server 2003 for the server and Windows XP Pro for clients.

I don't think it gets any easier than that...=/

You want a domain controller. When your Windows Server 2003 installation is complete, configure your networking and security components then run dcpromo. I advise against doing an unattended domain controller installation. After that, reboot and you will now be using Windows Server 2003 in domain controller mode. Welcome to the world of advanced active directory: Where 2000 needed to be. :yes: