Vista delayed until early 2007

SiMoNsAyS

Microsoft's troubled transition from XP to Vista has become something of a comedy of errors, with leaks, confusing hardware requirements, disappearing features, and habitual delays having plagued the next-gen OS since it was just a wee Longhorn. And now it seems that once again our hopes of running Vista before the end of the year have been dashed, with Microsoft issuing a press release late Tuesday revealing that although a business rollout will begin in November, consumers will have to wait until January 2007 to upgrade. While we're certainly frustrated that we won't be able to get our Vista-on for the holidays, we're gonna try to put a positive spin on the situation and appreciate the fact that we now have a little longer to decide which of the eight six flavors of the new operating system we'll be dual-booting on our Macs.
Source

Update: Confirmed

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

Not really too bothered about Vista anymore, i probably wont even think about getting it until a year after its release. what i would like to know is when SP3 will be released for XP and what sorta extra crap....i mean features they will be including.

The full article needs to be read.... :yawn:

The fact remains that Vista code will be finalised by July-August.

The gold master, volume-licensing, commercial availability on shelves - these events will take the rest of those 6 months gap.

are we there yet? no. Are we there yet? No. Are we there yet? No. are we there yet? yes. Really? No.

i think that about sums it up

Edited by wolf74481