[beta] User Creation Tool

@mazin

If there is another admin account you can delete the original Administrator (renamed), but not on T12 (I am not sure if Txx runs in the context of the administrator or the system account) ... Interesting that you can't delete the renamed guest (I can't either)

@vertigo

I am sure that the winnt.sif entries have nothing to do with that error, I have used the same.

I am also pretty sure that I cannot reproduce that error, unless I run the program as a domain admin without adding myself to the local admin group. In other words I have no clue why you are getting this :(

How are you getting an error for CMDOW without placing CMDOW in your batch file? Are you sure you are running v.1.5 of the program, as the screenshot shows? There was a problem in previous versions which resulted in that error, but it has been fixed ... :blink:

CF

Could you try the attached file and see if you are getting the same error? I rewrote the function that checks for admin privileges just in case it is affected by your localization ...

CF

Edited by cancerface

Now it works almost perfectly. I successfully ran it from cmdlines.txt (next time I will try to create svcpack addon). Another strange thing is that when I execute v1.5 on my current running windows (XP SP2 EN with PL locales) or on VMWARE (XP SP2 PL) the options: rename Administrator and Fake Administrator are DISABLED (grayed). Firstly I thought it was normal and would work during setup but v1.6 works as it should and these options are available.

There is only one thing that seems to be working improperly: after installation I can't logout! When I try to logout, another automatic login occurs with the same accout and this way I can't login on the other accout. I don't know if I fully understand the ForcedLogon option but anyway I set ForcedLogon=0 in the ini file.

How can I disable the automatic re-loging on already-installed system? (which reg entry should I change?)

Cheers

ucrp9.png

This is not an issue.

But, according to the message, I renamed my old INI to user.ini! And, it did not work.

The INI, still, should be named "NewUser.ini"; but not "user.ini".

I suggest, either you fix the message or get the INI file working as "user.ini".

@vertigo

The key you are looking for is

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"ForceAutoLogon"="x"

with x=1 to enable it and x=0 to disable it

I tested this in various different ways but couldn't get my program to write that value if the relevant box is not checked ... Are you sure the registry entry is created by my program? Could you use something like regshot to see if indeed that's the case?

@mazin

Yeah, I missed that. :P

Fixed!

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciated as always

CF

It's very strange but all i wrote last time was after first login. Now after reboot (lets say 2nd login) there is no forced login problem, I can logoff/logon normally, as it's supposed to be. However automatic admin logon is gone somehow. I checked registry and there were:

AutoAdminLogon=0

DefaultUserName=jdoe //yes I used default settings

There was no DefaultPassowrd = "123" entry and no "ForceAutoLogon"="x" (and I'm almost sure there was no "ForceAutoLogon"="x" entry after first logon)

Is it possible that automatic logon has been disabled by AutoLogonCount=1 option from my winnt.sif?

[GuiUnattended]

AutoLogonCount=1

Cheers

Edited by vertigo

Is it possible that automatic logon has been disabled by AutoLogonCount=1 option from my winnt.sif?
Maybe ... (I am not using AutoLogon and AutoLogonCount in my winnt.sif and I don't get this forced autologon that you described)

As for the password not being visible in the registry, this is normal if you used AutoLogon=1. Actually the password is encrypted and stored in the registry, as explained here

CF

I'm having 2 problems:

1) when I have an occurance of CreateUser with only the computer info enabled the parameters are greyed out till I toggle the "Computer Details" box.

2) I'm Creating 2 new users, The following is from one of my tests, the names and info has been changed, but they are the same as where I use the FirstName as the UserName.

[UserInfo]
FirstName=One
LastName=Last
Description=One M. Last
UserName=One
Password=123
UnlimitedPass=1
AutoLogon=0
Admin=1

when this new user is created, it is not "One", but "One Last".

I've encluded my test setup.

I'm runing this on WinXP Home

from an unateneded install from cmdlines.txt

Thanks,

Joeusers.zip

Edited by jcbrief

1) when I have an occurance of CreateUser with only the computer info enabled the parameters are greyed out till I toggle the "Computer Details" box.
Oups! Yes, that behaviour should not be there... In fact the same happened if only the Security Section is enabled. Tracked the error down and fixed it!

Updated to v1.6:

v.1.6 Changelog

• Rewrote the function that checks for admin privileges
  • Fixed an error that would hide fields although the Parse[]Section flag was on
  • Added support for Turkish (thanks KenanBalamir!) & Greek languages (Interface + message boxes)

Updated first post and uploaded the new version

Enjoy :hello:

CF

Edited by cancerface

Ok, I tested v1.6 on VMware

Firstly I commented two lines in my winnt.sif:

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=**********
EncryptedAdminPassword=No
;AutoLogon=Yes
;AutoLogonCount=1
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=100
OemSkipWelcome=1
ProfilesDir="%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings"

and almost everything went fine except that at the first logon the username "Administrator" was used instead of my new created accout username. Because user name was incorrect, the error occured, then I manually entered correct username and it was ok. I checked the registry entry and there was "Administrator" as well. It looks like automatic logon took wrong username but I don't know why it happened. Any suggestions?

My settings:

[SecurityInfo]
FakeAdmin=1
FakeGuest=1
RenameAdmin=1
RenameGuest=1
DisableAdmin=0
ForcedLogon=0
NewAdminName=root
NewGuestName=NewGuest
HideNewAdmin=1

Cheers