Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

jago_lfn

what p***ed me off about morrowind is that for some reason it lagged every few secs which must have been some type of glitch

I had the same problem as well. At the time i had an uber crappy nforce2 mobo and it turned out the pauses and lags were due to the sw_ide driver. Go figure i guess. I got tired of the crap and bought the xbox version :D

I would have gotten oblivion on xbox 360 but i dont have the money for the console and the game both besides i sunk all my money into building a good computer to last me a few years. I havent had a good computer since back in 2001 :/

well ur gunna love it, the graphics are amazing with hdr. morrowind's graphics are a joke compared to this. but the one thing i liked about morrwind was how your inventory was organized and that whole layout, in oblivion it is stupid looking.

i tested on my pc:

AMD64 3200 Venice

Radeon 9800 PRO (128MB)

1GB DDR400

ran fine and never really lagged at 1280x1024 with no AA, bloom off, and all distant draws on. And i did run through the forests on the horse helping brother martin, so im not just judging from the games begining. :)

the Apotheosis Staff is way to powerful. I was playing with a friend and we defeated everyone in the Arena (except 1 wizard guy) with it using usually 1 or 2 hits. The champion only took 4 hits from the thing. The cool thing is they usually go flying back like 5 feet when you hit em with it! :D

i've played it for about 24 hours now, i think i'm somewhat close to the end of main quest.

very advanced game graphicwise, it even makes my 7900GTX break a sweat and scream in pain.

if i max out visuals in drivers and ingame using mod tweaks it'll chug anywhere between 5-30fps outdoors

but without filtering and just using high game settings with hdr..i still only average close to 30fps so i dont see how anyone could stand playing high settings on a lower end card.

Hey!

I get some stuttering because of dynamic texture loading and such, but that's quite common, and I can live with that! Would take insanely long time to load an area if everything was preloaded! :)

Since I am on WinXP 64-bit I need to run in 32-bit emulation mode (Hoping for a 64-bit patch!), which give me a small decrease in performance, but only affects about 2-5 fps.

Inside i have stable 40-60 fps, and outside about 15-40 depending on how many NPCs are on-screen at the moment.

Regards,

Menion

im running x64 and i get no stuttering. i just played for a few hours and i got no lagging at all at any time. and loading the different areas takes less than a sec, thats the only lag if thats what you would like to call it.

anyways, ive been rocking it up in the theives guild. its pretty sweet, now i can steal things and sell them, great way to make money.