Vnc help

pauluk83

Hey all I need some help with setting up VNC server.

I have added the ports on my speedtouch 510 router

post-16702-1142822516_thumb.jpg

I have confirmed that i am using the correct ports ( defults, 5800 + 5900 ) in vnc, i can locally connect but when i try and connect from the net, it always times out.

any help would be brilliant

Edited by pauluk83

would be useful to know what VNC program you are using. i personally use UltraVNC and it works like a charm.

Im sorry I did forgte to mention That I am using Realvnc, hope this helps, it would be useful to have it working as then I can leave my pc running and stuff, but stil have accsess to my documents and things

would be useful to know what VNC program you are using. i personally use UltraVNC and it works like a charm.

Im sorry I did forgte to mention That I am using Realvnc, hope this helps, it would be useful to have it working as then I can leave my pc running and stuff, but stil have accsess to my documents and things

Which router are you using....? In any case you should use port forwarding and setup 5900 to point to your internal ip address. Your computer must always have this IP or VNC will fail.

P.S I think your currently using the wrong router settings and you should use UltraVNC, it's the best of the bunch.

Edited by Ghostrider

Which router are you using....? In any case you should use port forwarding and setup 5900 to point to your internal ip address. Your computer must always have this IP or VNC will fail.

P.S I think your currently using the wrong router settings and you should use UltraVNC, it's the best of the bunch.

sorry to nag, but did you reed the 1st post, cos i put the router info and the copy of what ports are forwarded.

I have a speedtouch 510 router, my desktop ( the only 1 ) has a static ip of 192.168.1.64, and if you look at the pic in the 1st post i have added the ports, and they are pouinting to the desktop ( in this case, the AMD3200)

I have just had a look at ultravnc i will try tha when i get home and see.

Your right you did include the router, i missed it.. and i re iterate i see you setup port triggering, it should be port forwarding. The picture you supplied does not show the ip of the local computer and you only need to forward port 5900, 5800 is not required unless you want to use java