travelmate 242LC

Stead

hi, i was just wondering if anyone knows or has had experiance with an acer travelmate 242lc, a friend of mine is having problems with hers, she tried taking it apart, but couldn't figure out what to do once all the screws were out, and i tried and just did the same thing, as we were both quite frustrated with it, we tried to find instructions on the manual, but couldn't find anything, anyone know how to take it apart, we're looking to change (well i assume its the cpu fan) as it seems to be not working,or shifting air incredibly slowly as the laptop keeps overheating and shutting off, and there is no air being blown out at the back at all, all we can find is how to change the memory (which i must admit is very easy and doesn't need a guide for).

well if anyone knows how, or has a link on how to do it i'd very much appricate it! it seems like a good machine, and she don't use it for games or anything so its more than enough, it was quite a good laptop until the fan started acting up, shame if nothing can be done!

In general, the first thing to be removed is the keyboard. It usually slides in one direction and lifts out after the ribbon cable is disconnected. You will find more screws under the keyboard, but usually at this point the mobo is already exposed.

This appears to be an exploded diagram and parts list:

http://fileshare.eshop.bg/download.php?fileid=10249

I think this would be the service manual:

https://www.synapsenow.com/synapse/data/711...tm240_250sg.pdf

Googling helps :)

Edited by LLXX

thanks alot!

you should charge people for being a power user google and being able to find things on it ;) i can never seem to find anything these days with it! i just seem to keep finding forum posts that have no relevance to anything :(

thanks again! :thumbup