[Error] - Unable to install Windows XP Home Edition

lilcrime

hi im new to the forum, i would like some help if possible i cant install windows xp when i do so it goes great untill a blue screen appears and tells me this...

The message says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: ntfs.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If the problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, pressF8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0X00000050 (0XA1B49690, 0X00000000, 0XF816D7B9, 0X00000000)

*** ntfs.sys - address F816D7B9 base at F814E000, Datestamp 3d6de5c1

i've tried 3 times to install it and i cant i rebooted my computer 3 times, i dont know what the problem is i disabled macafee and still nothing can somebody please help me out here.... thank you... :)

Title Edited - Please follow new posting rules from now on.

--Zxian

11. Please refrain from using CAPITALIZATIONS in the topic title or when participating in threads because they will not attract attention - instead it will annoy many of MSFN's members.
Please take some time to read the forum rules

but as for your problem

make sure EVERYTHING is deleted off your harddisk before you reinstall windows

Edited by wolf74481

11. Please refrain from using CAPITALIZATIONS in the topic title or when participating in threads because they will not attract attention - instead it will annoy many of MSFN's members.
Please take some time to read the forum rules

but as for your problem

make sure EVERYTHING is deleted off your harddisk before you reinstall windows

ok thanks for you help...

This looks more like a hardware problem.

Make sure your CPU and RAM are working correctly.

how can i check if my cpu and ram are working well....? and thanks for the help...

Edited by lilcrime

I had just bookmarked it a few hours ago. Save yourself a minute, and click here.

BTW, there are a number of causes that produce this stop error, which are described in this article. This must be one of the most commonly reported stop malfuntions ever, as Microsoft actually refined their response into a list of common-sense troubleshooting steps, and concise description of parameters...who'da thunk it?

Edited by Lazy8

Normally, when we see these sorts of errors during setup, it indicates a hardware failure. I am sure you've been told to check the RAM and the CPU for errors, but consider the hard disk another area where faulty sectors or the start of a failed disk servo could be causing this as well.

I would contact the vendor of the disk to see if they have a low-level format utility you can run on the drive to make sure it is indeed formatted and clean before installing, and you may also want to check the disk for physical errors or sector errors as well before continuing. If the stop errors you are seeing are always stop 50, it could very well just be a bad sector (or worse, a faulty disk).