Burning the Iso image to disc?

GLO

just use imgburn ffs!

if you let it take assosiations this is all you need to do..

right click iso file in windows explorer, burn with imgburn, click burn button, DONE!

worked like a charm

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm having a real hassle trying to make an nLite CD that will boot. I've been all over these forums and tried loads of the suggestions: imgburn, no emulation, 4 sectors, microsoft corporation.img, slow burn speeds etc, etc but nothing works for the PC I intend to use it on.

I'm not making this particular CD for myself but for a friends oldish PC. Could the inability of the PC to boot from the disk have anything to do with the CD ROM drive, rather than the disk itself? The drive does see the disk when you explore it in Windows but when you try to boot from it it just goes in a loop from the Bios screen to an attempt to boot from the CD and back to the Bios screen (I have all the boot options other than CD ROM disabled).

I have tried the disk in my own laptop and it gives a message along the lines of: 'push any button to boot from CD' so I'm assuming it's OK. I didn't want to proceed further than that.

If, for whatever reason, it is impossible to boot from this PC's CD ROM drive, is there any other way I can install the nLited OS onto it?

I'd be very grateful for advice as I've been trying to crack this for a few days and don't seem to be getting anywhere!

Thanks.

hi Glo! this could be pretty straight-forward ... there is a button in nLite prior to finalizing everything: Make ISO (using the other button: Explore - would allow for adding of other contents to the ISO) ... & just leave the default settings ... & since i believe you are using Nero, simply use Nero Express & look for burn image to disk ... browse for that image (created via nLite) & just take the default settings & that's it ... hope it all goes well for you as it does for me (& with the others) :)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

hi you mention that its an old computer, maybe the cd drive your friend has in the pc is a very slow one and that could well be the problem as i had issue last year when trying to boot from a slow cdrom drive on a laptop

Hi trickytwista. Yes, we kind of thought the problem might be related to the CD ROM. Thanks.

hi Glo! this could be pretty straight-forward ... there is a button in nLite prior to finalizing everything: Make ISO (using the other button: Explore - would allow for adding of other contents to the ISO) ... & just leave the default settings ... & since i believe you are using Nero, simply use Nero Express & look for burn image to disk ... browse for that image (created via nLite) & just take the default settings & that's it ... hope it all goes well for you as it does for me (& with the others) :)

Kiki Burgh, I am using Nero, but I don't quite follow what you are suggesting. Would you mind clarifying the steps a little please? Thanks.