Virtual Desktop Manager or...

Suxen

Most uncatchy title in the world. I got myself a Wireless keyboard and mouse. At last, I have finally entered the year 2003 B)

Due to the arrangement of my desk and such (no, I can't move it, please don't suggest it) I can't really read my screen from bed or other locations in the room, and being a lazy sort, sometimes I like to IM while lying in bed or just check what's happened on my PC if I hear a message come in. Most of my work is done through the PC, so it's important in a way to find out what's going on.

So.... I'm looking for virtual desktop software, so I can have one virtual desktop at a really big resolution - ie: 640x480, or a way to zoom in on a single screen only. Windows magnifier and similar is no good. A large part of the screen space is taken up with the magnifier window, it really doesn't make best use of available space.

Now, one thing you find is though some software allows you to set a resolution per virtual desktop, they'll mess up the size of all your existing windows on the desktops, making them all very cramped so you have to manually stretch everything back... don't like that :whistle:

Virtual Desktop software I've tried:

Chimera - Messes up window sizes on other virtual desktops

ManageDesk - Messes up window sizes on other virtual desktops

CoolDesk - Can't set resolution small enough

DesktopPlus - Can't set resolution small enough

Enable Virtual Desktop - Really don't remember, didn't like it

AltDesk - couldn't set resolution?

Multi User Desk 2004 - Not bad... still not really perfect

ExeDesk - Doesn't mess with Window sizes, but something about this software I reeaaally didn't like.

Okay, maybe I'm picky. Any suggestions (asides from being less picky!).

• 3 weeks later...

Talk about being lazy eh? lol best bet would be to either invest in a laptop or get a big screen HD tv and hook your computer up to that. Also if you google around and hit ebay up you can find those little wireless messenger things that tried to be popular couple years ago really cheap. They are kinda like a blackberry except just for IM.