what do it mean when..

what do it mean when the event viewer says this The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort0, did not respond within the timeout period. how can i fix this problem the support center says this when i click on it:

Details

ID: 9

Source: atapi

We're sorry

There is no additional information about this issue in the Error and Event Log Messages or Knowledge Base databases at this time. You can use the links in the Support area to determine whether any additional information might be available elsewhere.

Sorry it took this long to respond. Did you get it fixed?

I found multiple listings for this issue and am including the url for my search for you to try for an answer. It seems like the bulk of problems indicate that the cd drive may be in PIO mode. Let us know how you are doing or what you do to fix the issue.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-...meout+period%22

Sorry it took this long to respond. Did you get it fixed?

I found multiple listings for this issue and am including the url for my search for you to try for an answer. It seems like the bulk of problems indicate that the cd drive may be in PIO mode. Let us know how you are doing or what you do to fix the issue.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-...meout+period%22

thanks but unfortunately the techniques they have did not fix this problem i know my cableing is good and my jumper settings are good i tried going mycom/right click/hardware/device manger/ide ata/atapi controller/prinmaly ide channel and swich the transfer mode to dma but no dice... man this is wierd

• 3 weeks later...