Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823

muiz

i just downloaded the new version a few minutes ago. sad to know that silent switch is not supported. also i imagine it will be more difficult to disable the scsi service in the new setup routine used now unless there are switches to disable the install of the service. will play around with it later. will post if i found anything on it.

i started making an autoit script for this...if anyone is interested i'll post it

i've avoided so far using autoit scripts but i think i will give it a shot since alcohol is a must-install program for me. thanks.

Well i've only worked on the script here at work so I don't want to install the SCSI drivers here. I am going to work on it on my backup laptop and get back to you. I've not gotten to a point where it's prompted me to reboot so I am not sure I can prevent that. I hate reboots so I'll try my damndest to make it not reboot. watch this space....

-redfive

This installation has become a 2 step proccess just as daemon tools 4.

SPTD drivers need to be installed before Alcohol. This is the portion of the installation that needs a reboot before it is active. The following Download is a switchless installer that will install these drivers from svcpack without a reboot. Credit for this installer goes to 'MHz' Get it here

My AutoIt script for the installation of Alcohol was removed because MHz AutoIt skills far exceed my own and i have personally changed over to using his posted script.

Shark

Edited by Shark007

Since when does alcohol use SPTD ?

And for those who try this script , dont forget to rename your installer of the name in the script for the alcohol.exe

edit:

Script does not work mouse goes to places where no buttons are, better use "sendkeys" next time

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)
Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)
Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)
Run('Alcohol120_retail_1.9.5.3823.exe')
WinWait("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823","Welcome to the Alcoh")
If Not WinActive("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823","Welcome to the Alcoh") Then WinActivate("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823","Welcome to the Alcoh")
WinWaitActive("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823","Welcome to the Alcoh")
Send("{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}")
WinWait("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823 ","Please review the li")
If Not WinActive("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823 ","Please review the li") Then WinActivate("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823 ","Please review the li")
WinWaitActive("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823 ","Please review the li")
Send("{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}")
WinWait("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823 ","Choose which feature")
If Not WinActive("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823 ","Choose which feature") Then WinActivate("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823 ","Choose which feature")
WinWaitActive("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823 ","Choose which feature")
Send("{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{SPACE}{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}")
WinWait("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823 ","Choose Install Locat")
If Not WinActive("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823 ","Choose Install Locat") Then WinActivate("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823 ","Choose Install Locat")
WinWaitActive("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823 ","Choose Install Locat")
Send("{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}")
WinWait("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823 ","Completing the Alcoh")
If Not WinActive("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823 ","Completing the Alcoh") Then WinActivate("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823 ","Completing the Alcoh")
WinWaitActive("Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823 ","Completing the Alcoh")
Send("{SPACE}{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}")

Edited by muiz

This is what I have to offer. I have not faced a reboot prompt yet to script it, but that is just tested in a VM so far. Components checked can change with each install, as the installer looks at the registry for previously added flags. I have added into my script to insert these registry entries in 1st to control the selection of components in a controled manner. I have not done any registration as the program wants to call home to accomplish the task, so seems messy to script for everyone atm.

Edit: Commented line in script so uninstall icon is not removed from the startmenu.

FileDelete('Uninstall Alcohol 120%.lnk')

An option is to not use the Starwind service if SPTD is used the is supplied with Daemon's tools. Just set the line near the top of the script to 0, as shown below.

$starwind	= 0; iSCSI Service

Edit:

Added scripts to Pinned AutoIt thread for ease.

AutoIt thread post

Install Script

Get Registration Script (as mentioned post #26)

Edited by MHz

so SPTD has to be installed first? from svcpack ?

Then run the alcohol script from runonce ?

EDIT:

I tried yours.

But then you cant uninstall it anymore , and its not showing in ad remove software.

the only way to uninstall is to go to C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120

Any idea why?

Edited by muiz

But then you cant uninstall it anymore , and its not showing in ad remove software. the only way to uninstall is to go to C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120 Any idea why?

Thats how AlcoholSoft wrote the installer. No matter how you install it, it doesnt show up in Add/Remove programs. I agree, it sucks. There is a link to the uninstaller in the dir created in the startmenu.

shark

Edited by Shark007