How to get OpenGL working (D3D works fine)

ukko

When I had w2k3 in my primary machine with r9700pro, OpenGL worked fine. Now that I've installed w2k3 to my secondary machine (GF3 Ti500). OpenGL doesnt work but D3D works fine.

Any suggestions? :)

did you update the drivers after instal?

you need to install the drivers from ATI site, it probably wont work if you have the win2k3 preinstalled drivers.

and if you already did that, then i have no idea :rolleyes:

edit:

eee, i meant from NVidia site :)

Yeah, it seems nVidia drivers are more of a problem to get working on Win2k3 than ATi's drivers according to past threads.

Dunno why. I don't expect nVidia to enhance their drivers for win2k3 either, since it isn't for gaming.

I don't expect nVidia to enhance their drivers for win2k3 either, since it isn't for gaming.

i think you just dont like people that use win2k3 for gaming :):rolleyes:

but it is true, the gaming support for win2k3 is not that good, althought i dont have any problems with nvidia drivers on win2k3 computers

I don't expect nVidia to enhance their drivers for win2k3 either, since it isn't for gaming.

i think you just dont like people that use win2k3 for gaming :rolleyes::D

but it is true, the gaming support for win2k3 is not that good, althought i dont have any problems with nvidia drivers on win2k3 computers

Yes, I don't use 2k3 with my primary machine which I use also for gaming. It's just in my server, but now, I'm upgrading my comp and using the server meanwhile and It'd be great if I got it working :)

well i got a radeon 7000 i tryed installing windows XP, NT, 2000 drivers, and none of those drivers r working i also tryed installing 3rd party drivers but still dont work properly :D i got win2k3 2 make a game server but i cant even get in the game 2 make a server :D:D does any1 have any idea when ATI r guna release drivers 4 win2k3 ???im guna try the beta version of catalyst 3.5 hopefully this 1 will work :D:rolleyes: .... :D:D:):D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

yeah i try the driver for 2003 too but it gave me the one msg that says it do not support it blah blah samething happen to me when i use xp Oo but on xp i just use one of the old driver i dont know about 2003 u prob just have to wait for them to release a driver for 2003 :)