Cant watch video's

hi all,

When I start windows media center I get an error message: Your video card or drivers are not compatible with Media Center.

If I press OK everything works normal: The remote control works and I can listen to music. But if I try to play a movie the screen turns black and I hear only the music of the movie, in some casses It stops and asks me to stop or too play again :wacko:

So, can someone please help me get it working

Thx

I have seen this problem before:

My resolution

1) Re-install the Codec ( I use Intervideo WinDVD)

2) After reboot use Microsoft's Codec Checker to make sure your perferred Codec is set for Media Center

3) Make sure your resolution is set to 32bit

In rare occasions I have also had to re-install the Video driver.

Hope this helps :hello:

There seems to be 3 threads running side by side at the moment all basically about the same thing. Media Center is an OEM product therefore is meant for system builders. If people here are system builders then do your research as to what the system requirements for MCE are. They are quite readiy available from Microsoft but as I suspect alot of people here are too scared to contact Microsoft because they are using illegal software. It's people like that causes the cost of software to be be more expensive for the rest of us!

As for how do I reinstall the codec? I think I've heard it all now.