Overheating of components

DMB Fan

All jokes aside regarding the description....

I whipped together a computer last night and before I installed the OS, I was reading the temperatures in the BIOS. While in the BIOS, with no software installed, the CPU was running at 114F (45C). That seems a little warm, but the sink/fan were working so no real issues there. I put an ASUS 9900 video card in, the Geforce 5800. The heat sink on bottom of the card, couldn't hold on to it due to the temperature being so hi. I could find no information on the spec ranges. I also thought I was getting the card that vents out a PCI slot, with a copper sink. I got the one that has a black and silver sink...with red on the fan. Any thoughts, why this puppy is so hot on the bottom of the card, and other than installing case fans and/or modding is this going to be acceptable?

45C is not a high temperature... Not even for Pentium 4. Depending on how good the airflow in you case is, a temp like that will not be a problem.

... and for the Geforce FX can I only say that those things are meant to run that hot! There is a reason that Nvidia puts a 1.5 ton heatsink on it!

Hope that was the answer u wanted ... :)

I was concerned about the weight of that thing....I'm hoping the two screws used to hold it in place will work. It is very heavy.

Seriously, I'm thinking i'll be able to make breakfast on the bottom sink...

Anyway...thanks for your imput. :beer:

Seriously, I'm thinking i'll be able to make breakfast on the bottom sink...

Did you see the Nvidia funnymovie? Some asian guy used a Geforce FX 5800 (Ultra) instead of his garten barbecue!! w00t