A new install, a new problem

Super-Magician

I did a new HFSLIP with the new patches released on MS Patch Tuesday. Windows Update asks me to (re)install two critical updates.

KB887472 - Tomcat says this *Windows Messenger* update has been replaced. But I'm still asked to install it.

KB911565 - New WMP10 security update. I think the problem is that in my case this update is installed *before* WMP is integrated. Will it only work if I slipstream WMP?

Let me know if you want me to attach anything.

-- Super-Magician :)

Edited by Super-Magician

I just checked again and it looks like MS corrected the KB911565 page. In the "What updates does this release replace?" table, it used to say:

MS05-009

But now it says:

KB 885492 of MS05-009

It looks like MS became the victim of their own mess.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll update the page again.

Edit: all XP pages updated.

Edited by Tomcat76

Super - If you place the WMP10 installer and any updates for WMP10 into the HF folder, HFSLIP will slipstream WMP10 with all updates. However, if you place the WMP10 installer in the HFSVPK_SW directory instead, then you'll need to install any WMP10 updates after you installed via your sourcess folder.

Super - If you place the WMP10 installer and any updates for WMP10 into the HF folder, HFSLIP will slipstream WMP10 with all updates. However, if you place the WMP10 installer in the HFSVPK_SW directory instead, then you'll need to install any WMP10 updates after you installed via your sourcess folder.
That's what I thought might be the issue. Thanks! ;)

-- Super-Magician :)

Edited by Super-Magician