Issues with Refreshing the board.

nekkid

For some reason the boards aren't refreshing properly for me. Anyone else having this problem?

Example:

It currently says "5 new posts in 2 topics" yet there's only one new post since I was last here... :)

Two reasons, cookies and cookies.  :)

I refuse to believe this!

The cookies are innocent! INNOCENT I SAY! :cry: :cry:

Hehehe :rolleyes: I figured it was the cookies, but I'm at work and too lazy to clear cookies as I have a zillion passwords saved. I'll just have to MANUALLY search for the "*MSFN.org" cookies now GREAT!

Hahaha. Yeah. Thing is though, if I click "Mark all as read" it'll change it to 0. So...it seems odd that the cookies would be guilty in this case. I dunno. By clearing the posts it should be changing the cookie. meh!

*looks at the cookies*

RUN LITTLE COOKIES RUN! :)

*continues to beat a dead horse*

[Edit] P.S. I totally didn't see this forum. Sorries![/Edit]

Poor lil horsey, lol.

Na, its partly a IPB thing. It has never been perfect in regard to cookies as far as I know. I also get the same results at times. Especially if I am changing MSFN windows at a hundred miles an hour or have more than one MSFN window open at a time. :)

I started using scrubXP which allows me to delete cookies with a double-click of a icon in my tray. Problem is I have to input my password manually each time. Other than that no probs.

Don't think I've had a problem like this, but usually I'm refreshing the get active threads pages and am able to tell which is new or not by the small newpost.gif graphic.

See if Get New Posts since last visit works better, we will have a promenent link to this on the board index when we upgrade to IPB 1.2 Final because I think its better than get active threads anyway :)