Play Videos,Audio & Images Slide Show During Windows Setup!

Wow this is great i opens up a whole lot of ideas.

so, i tried and it worked. thank zecabra

here is something else i got to work.

i did not have soud but hey who cares?

what a time waster

but i put dosbox in there along with some dos games. i can play mario ( it's allittle slower running)

but dosbox allows you to bump up the emulation speed.

if anyone is intrested i used zecabra setup but i copied dosbox over and then the game and created the compressed file like zecabra.

Edited by phatkat98

do you have to have a compatible sound card? I thought during setup sound drivers weren't loaded yet..?

..would this also apply to flash movies, if in self executable form?

may be...havent tried to play flash files during setup!!

well, it seems i have alot a time on my hands,

if you go to c:\program files\macromedia\flash\player

if you copy all those file and put them in a temp directory. and then place any .swf file you like in there,also.

create a compressed file (sfx) like zecabra's

and then call it up in your winnt.sif

[GuiUnattended]
DetachedProgram="%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\your.exe"

"your.exe" is what everyou want to call it

well you get the idea!

my dos did not have sound .. my flash did.

Edited by phatkat98

im following zecabra instructions. duno why i cant get the video to appear and work. this message comes up everytime......

system setup log - (c:\windows\setuperr.log)

fatal error!

internal setup data structures are currupted (phase 0)

can someone tell me what im doing wrong?

my setup:

winnt.sif:

;SetupMgrTag

[GuiUnattended]

DetachedProgram="%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\mplayer\video.exe"

this is where i place everything:

C:\xp\$OEM$\$1\Install\mplayer\video.exe

video.bmp

Edited by dienkhung

im following zecabra instructions. duno why i cant get the video to appear and work. this message comes up everytime......

system setup log - (c:\windows\setuperr.log)

fatal error!

internal setup data structures are currupted (phase 0)

can someone tell me what im doing wrong?

my setup:

winnt.sif:

;SetupMgrTag

[GuiUnattended]

DetachedProgram="%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\mplayer\video.exe"

this is where i place everything:

C:\xp\$OEM$\$1\Install\mplayer\video.exe

i your case make sure your exe file is not corupted

note when i create my sfx package i have it install in c:\temp\video

make sure start/cmd is executed after extraction

hide all

and

over write all files is selected

then test it before you put it in the cd

if you get the sleep box to appear your half way there

just close it and then video player should appear.

if that all works

great put that file back in

$OEM$

$1

INSTALL

MPLAYER

and you should be good.

i don't know about most people but i've had problems if it runs before T33

make sure your sleep time ends after T33

another proble could be a bad cd. don't know just a hunch!

How to configurate MPUI to start in COMPACT mode

and how can I get vb_Sleep.dll?

anyone answer.

http://aris-toolz.de/sleep.html

hope this helps

@phatkat98 i thing that setuperr.log is something from nlite

(i'm not sure about that)

i thing i saw something for setupper log in nlite forum in here

if you want post this log file to nlite forum and ask nuhi if he can help you

she maybe right. i don't use nlite myself i found it slowed my install.

I got my ua cd/dvd to be working using nlite 1.0RC6 and tested using vmware workstation 5 and it's runs fine.

just when I saw this post and wanted to play a clip during setup process,using zecabra method, I got an error after putting in this line:

DetachedProgram="%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\myvideo.exe"
and the error:
Line 39 of the INF file \i386\winnt.sif is invalid

Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit

here's my winnt.sif

; Generated by nLite 1.0 RC6

[Data]
MsDosInitiated = "No"
Autopartition = 0
UnattendedInstall = Yes

[Unattended]
OemPnPDriversPath = "D\C\A;D\C\AM\1;D\C\AM\2;D\C\AM\3;D\C\AM\4;D\C\AM\5;D\C\AM\6;D\C\AM\7;D\C\AT;D\C\AU;D\C\I;D\C\IT;D\C\N;D\C\S;D\C\V;D\CPU;D\G\3\1;D\G\3\2;D\G\3\3;D\G\3\4;D\G\A\1;D\G\A\1\AVS_T200;D\G\A\1\WDM;D\G\A\2;D\G\A\3;D\G\AS\1;D\G\AS\2;D\G\I\1;D\G\I\2;D\G\I\3;D\G\I\4;D\G\I\5;D\G\M\1;D\G\M\2;D\G\M\3;D\G\M\4;D\G\M\5;D\G\N\1;D\G\N\2;D\G\N\3;D\G\N\4;D\G\S\1;D\G\S\2;D\G\S\3;D\G\S\4;D\G\S3\1;D\G\S3\2;D\G\S3\3;D\G\T;D\G\V\1;D\G\V\2;D\G\V\3;D\G\V\4;D\G\V\5;D\G\V\6;D\G\X\1;D\G\X\1\WDM;D\G\X\2;D\L\3\1;D\L\3\2;D\L\3\3;D\L\AD;D\L\AM;D\L\AU;D\L\B;D\L\BU\1;D\L\BU\2;D\L\BU\3;D\L\C\1;D\L\C\2;D\L\C\4;D\L\CO\1;D\L\CO\2;D\L\CO\3;D\L\CO\4;D\L\CO\5;D\L\D\1;D\L\D\2;D\L\D\3;D\L\D\4;D\L\D\5;D\L\D\6;D\L\D\7;D\L\D\8;D\L\DA\1;D\L\DA\2;D\L\DA\3;D\L\I;D\L\IN;D\L\L\1;D\L\L\2;D\L\L\3;D\L\L\3\B;D\L\L\4;D\L\L\5;D\L\LI\1;D\L\LI\2;D\L\LI\3;D\L\LI\4;D\L\LI\5;D\L\LI\6;D\L\LI\7;D\L\M;D\L\MI;D\L\N\1;D\L\N\2;D\L\N\3;D\L\N\4;D\L\N\5;D\L\N\6;D\L\N\7;D\L\N\8;D\L\N\9;D\L\NV\123;D\L\NV\123\PreNRM\Win2K;D\L\NV\123\PreNRM\WinXP;D\L\NV\16x;D\L\NV\4a;D\L\NV\4i;D\L\NV\4x0;D\L\O\1;D\L\O\2;D\L\O\3;D\L\O\4;D\L\O\5;D\L\O\6;D\L\O\7;D\L\O\8;D\L\R\1;D\L\R\2;D\L\S\1;D\L\S\2;D\L\SM\1;D\L\SM\2;D\L\SM\3;D\L\SM\4;D\L\SM\5;D\L\SM\6;D\L\SM\7;D\L\SM\8;D\L\SM\9;D\L\SU\1;D\L\SU\2;D\L\SU\3;D\L\SU\4;D\L\SU\5;D\L\SU\6;D\L\SU\7;D\L\SU\8;D\L\SU\9;D\L\SU\A;D\L\SU\B;D\L\T;D\L\TR\2;D\L\TR\3;D\L\U\1;D\L\U\2;D\L\U\3;D\L\U\4;D\L\U\5;D\L\V\1;D\L\V\2;D\L\V\3;D\L\X;D\M\3\1;D\M\3\2;D\M\3\3;D\M\A\1;D\M\A\2;D\M\A\3;D\M\A\4;D\M\A\5;D\M\A\6;D\M\A\7;D\M\A\8;D\M\AD\1;D\M\AD\2;D\M\AD\3;D\M\AD\4;D\M\AD\5;D\M\AD\6;D\M\AD\6\C;D\M\AD\7;D\M\AD\8;D\M\AD\9;D\M\AD\A;D\M\AM;D\M\AR;D\M\AT;D\M\AU\1;D\M\AU\2;D\M\AU\3;D\M\AU\4;D\M\AU\5;D\M\D;D\M\H\1;D\M\H\1\R;D\M\H\2;D\M\H\3;D\M\H\4;D\M\H\5;D\M\H\6;D\M\H\7;D\M\H\8;D\M\I\1;D\M\I\2;D\M\IN\1;D\M\IN\2;D\M\IT;D\M\J;D\M\L\1;D\M\L\2;D\M\L\3;D\M\L\4;D\M\N\123;D\M\N\4A;D\M\N\4AR;D\M\N\4I;D\M\N\4IR;D\M\P\1;D\M\P\2;D\M\P\2\A;D\M\P\3;D\M\P\4;D\M\P\5;D\M\P\6;D\M\P\7;D\M\P\8;D\M\Q\1;D\M\Q\2;D\M\Q\3;D\M\Q\4;D\M\S\1;D\M\S\2;D\M\S\3;D\M\S\4;D\M\S\5;D\M\S\5\A;D\M\S\6;D\M\S\7;D\M\S\8;D\M\S\9;D\M\S\A;D\M\S\B;D\M\S\C;D\M\SI\1;D\M\SI\2;D\M\SI\3;D\M\V\1;D\M\V\2;D\M\VM;D\S\A;D\S\AV;D\S\C\1;D\S\C\2;D\S\C\3;D\S\CI\F\1;D\S\CO\G\1;D\S\CO\G\2;D\S\CR\1;D\S\CR\2;D\S\CR\3\Win2k_xp;D\S\CR\4;D\S\CR\5;D\S\CR\6;D\S\H\1;D\S\H\2;D\S\H\3;D\S\M\1;D\S\M\2;D\S\M\3;D\S\M\4;D\S\M\5;D\S\M\6;D\S\M\7;D\S\M\8;D\S\M\9;D\S\M\A;D\S\M\B;D\S\M\C;D\S\M\D;D\S\N;D\S\R\1;D\S\R\2;D\S\R\3;D\S\S;D\S\S\D\1;D\S\S\D\2;D\S\S\F\1;D\S\S\F\2;D\S\S\P;D\S\S\S;D\S\S\U;D\S\SC;D\S\SI\1;D\S\SI\2;D\S\SM\A\1;D\S\SM\A\2;D\S\SM\A\3;D\S\SM\A\4;D\S\SM\A\5;D\S\SM\A\6;D\S\SM\A\7;D\S\SM\A\8;D\S\SM\C\1;D\S\SM\C\2;D\S\SM\D\1;D\S\SM\D\2;D\S\SM\G\1;D\S\SM\G\2;D\S\SM\G\3;D\S\SM\G\4;D\S\SM\G\5;D\S\SM\G\6;D\S\SM\G\7;D\S\SM\H\1;D\S\SM\H\2;D\S\SM\H\3;D\S\SM\H\4;D\S\SM\I\1;D\S\SM\I\2;D\S\SM\IN;D\S\SM\S;D\S\T\1;D\S\T\2;D\S\T\3;D\S\T\4;D\S\T\5;D\S\T\6;D\S\TR;D\S\V\1;D\S\V\2;D\S\Y\1;D\S\Y\2;D\W\3\1;D\W\3\2;D\W\3\3;D\W\3\4;D\W\3\5;D\W\3\6;D\W\3\7;D\W\A;D\W\AI\1;D\W\AI\2;D\W\AS;D\W\AT\H;D\W\AT\I;D\W\B\1;D\W\B\2;D\W\B\3;D\W\B\4;D\W\B\5;D\W\B\5\3;D\W\B\6;D\W\B\7;D\W\B\8;D\W\B\9;D\W\B\A;D\W\BL\1;D\W\BL\2;D\W\BL\3;D\W\BL\4;D\W\BL\5;D\W\BL\6;D\W\BL\7;D\W\BL\8;D\W\BL\9;D\W\BR;D\W\BU\1;D\W\BU\2;D\W\BU\4;D\W\BU\5;D\W\BU\7;D\W\BU\8;D\W\BU\9;D\W\BU\A;D\W\C\1;D\W\C\2;D\W\CO\1;D\W\CO\2;D\W\CO\3;D\W\CO\4;D\W\CO\5;D\W\CO\6;D\W\CR\1;D\W\CR\2;D\W\CR\3;D\W\CR\4;D\W\D\1;D\W\D\2;D\W\D\2\A;D\W\D\2\D;D\W\D\2\E;D\W\D\2\F;D\W\D\3;D\W\D\3\C;D\W\D\3\D;D\W\D\3\E;D\W\D\4;D\W\D\4\K;D\W\D\4\L;D\W\D\4\M;D\W\D\4\P;D\W\D\5;D\W\D\6;D\W\D\7;D\W\D\8;D\W\D\9;D\W\D\A;D\W\D\B;D\W\D\B\B;D\W\D\C;D\W\D\C\C;D\W\D\D;D\W\D\D\B;D\W\D\E;D\W\D\E\B;D\W\D\E\C;D\W\DE;D\W\E\1;D\W\E\2;D\W\E\3;D\W\E\4;D\W\E\5;D\W\E\6;D\W\E\7;D\W\E\8;D\W\E\9;D\W\E\A;D\W\E\B;D\W\E\C;D\W\E\D;D\W\E\E;D\W\E\F;D\W\E\G;D\W\E\H;D\W\E\I;D\W\E\J;D\W\EN\1;D\W\EN\2;D\W\G\1;D\W\G\2;D\W\I\1;D\W\I\2;D\W\I\3;D\W\I\4;D\W\I\5;D\W\I\6;D\W\L\1;D\W\L\2;D\W\L\3;D\W\L\3\2;D\W\L\4;D\W\L\5;D\W\L\6\3;D\W\L\6\A;D\W\L\7;D\W\L\8;D\W\L\9;D\W\L\9\2;D\W\L\A;D\W\L\B;D\W\L\C;D\W\L\C\2;D\W\L\C\26;D\W\L\C\3;D\W\L\C\4;D\W\L\C\A;D\W\L\D;D\W\L\E;D\W\L\E\4;D\W\L\E\A;D\W\L\F;D\W\M;D\W\MI;D\W\MIN\1;D\W\MIN\2;D\W\N\1;D\W\N\2;D\W\N\3;D\W\N\4;D\W\N\4\3;D\W\N\5;D\W\N\6;D\W\N\7;D\W\N\8;D\W\O\1;D\W\O\2;D\W\O\3;D\W\O\4;D\W\P;D\W\R\1;D\W\R\2;D\W\RE\1;D\W\RE\2;D\W\RE\3;D\W\S\1;D\W\S\2;D\W\S\3;D\W\S\4;D\W\SE\1;D\W\SE\2;D\W\SE\3;D\W\SE\4;D\W\SE\5;D\W\SI\1;D\W\SI\2;D\W\SI\2\U;D\W\SI\3;D\W\SI\3\U;D\W\SIT\1;D\W\SIT\2;D\W\SIT\3;D\W\SIT\4;D\W\SIT\5;D\W\SIT\6;D\W\SIT\7;D\W\SIT\8;D\W\SIT\9;D\W\SIT\A;D\W\SIT\B;D\W\SIT\C;D\W\SIT\D;D\W\SM\1;D\W\SM\2;D\W\SM\3;D\W\SM\4;D\W\SM\5;D\W\SM\6;D\W\SM\7;D\W\SM\7\WINXP;D\W\SM\8;D\W\SM\9;D\W\SM\A;D\W\SM\B;D\W\SM\C;D\W\SM\C\2;D\W\SM\D;D\W\SU\1;D\W\SU\2;D\W\SU\3;D\W\SU\4;D\W\SU\5;D\W\SU\6;D\W\SU\7;D\W\SU\8;D\W\SU\9;D\W\SU\A;D\W\SU\B;D\W\SU\C;D\W\SU\D;D\W\SU\E;D\W\SU\G;D\W\SU\H;D\W\SU\I;D\W\U\1;D\W\U\2;D\W\U\3;D\W\U\4;D\W\U\5;D\W\U\6;D\W\Z\2;D\W\Z\3;D\W\Z\4"
NonDriverSigningPolicy = "Ignore"
DriverSigningPolicy = "Ignore"
OemPreinstall = "Yes"
UnattendMode = FullUnattended
UnattendSwitch = Yes
OemSkipEula = Yes
FileSystem = *
WaitForReboot = No
NoWaitAfterTextMode = 1
NoWaitAfterGUIMode = 1

[Display]
Xresolution = 800
Yresolution = 600
BitsPerPel = 24

[GuiUnattended]
AutoLogon = Yes
EncryptedAdminPassword = No
AdminPassword = *
TimeZone = 035
OEMSkipRegional = 1
OemSkipWelcome = 1
DetachedProgram="%SYSTEMDRIVE%\$1\Install\video.exe"

[UserData]
ProductKey = "xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"
ComputerName = alpha_omega
FullName = "alpha"
OrgName = "alpha"

[RegionalSettings]
Language = 0409

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents = Yes

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup = HOME_NETWORK

[GUIRunOnce]
command9 = "%SystemDrive%\D\BTS_DPs_finish.cmd"

can any one tell me y this happen and how can I fixed it. Or it is vmware, but i don't think so cuz i burn it out on a cd/dvd-rw and tested and got the same error.

Edited by clouds_trife

ok, I've tried the last couple of days and still can't get it 2 work. I don't know what I did wrong, but using vmware workstation, I do not see the file plays @ all. I did however got 2 see the sleep timer gui shows up but it freezes cuz I didn't put the path to extract out, which is "C:\Windows\Temp". After that I modified it, it doesn't work any more and still don't know what I did. Can some one point me in the right direction please. here's my winnt.sif

[GuiUnattended]AutoLogon = Yes

EncryptedAdminPassword = No

AdminPassword = *

TimeZone = 035

OEMSkipRegional = 1

OemSkipWelcome = 1

DetachedProgram="%systemdrive%\Install\video.exe"

also, when zecabra mentioned the time, increase if load more drivers, leave the same @180 if normal. So since I did the direct integration of the driverpacks using Bashrat the Sneaky method, it loads b4 it restart the pc to get to the setup screen, so do I need any more time or just leave it the same or what ? please help me, I really want it 2 work.

Change your folder

C:\Windows\Temp

C:\temp or difrend for exumple C:\Video

i thinking you get in your C:\Windows\temp other video file and pleyer get confiuse

Edited by Yurek3

video.exe should should be a sfx archive package.

it should self extract to c:\temp... or where ever. ui like c:\temp because i know it's okay to delete.

the program that should execute when it is done extractiong is start.cmd

@echo off
cmdow @ /HID
Sleep /t:180
start MPUI.exe
exit

look at zecabra images to see what files need to be in the sfx package.

i hope this help.. i would have some pictures for you but i'm in the middle of reinstalling windows.

setuperr.log is a windows log file. i found this out today

hi,

Nice stuff about mplayer,

the only thing it doesn't do with me is to play the file (an mp3) automatically

if I open the sfx file and then open MPUI.exe it does play the mp3 file

What goes wrong?

thx