[Question] kaspersky slows down the system.

Woomera

my kaspersky slows down my system so much when i right click anywhere in windows explorer,but i havnt had this problem until 1 weak agoand i didnt change any settings,just updated it. :blink:

anyone knows why is that?

Try running performance monitor (perfmon) on your system for a few hours, then review to see if you have any process or memory anomalies.

Are you seeing high cpu spikes? Is your memory usage up from what it was before the issue started?

yep cpu usage goes over 90% and it wont go down until i click somewhere else.even when im listening to music using my jet audio and browsing web pages in the opening of a new page,sound goes a little wierd like a robot for a few seconds.

im going crazy over here :realmad:

yep cpu usage goes over 90% and it wont go down until i click somewhere else.even when im listening to music using my jet audio and browsing web pages in the opening of a new page,sound goes a little wierd like a robot for a few seconds.

im going crazy over here :realmad:

Did you check the event log for disk related errors? Also, go to Device Manager and check the IDE controller entries and see what the transfer mode is at. If it's in PIO mode, Windows probably downgraded it to PIO mode because of HDD corruption.

• 2 months later...

ok i fixed my hdd error with norton system work 2006 tools and uninstalled my av and still have the problem.i ran perfmon and cpu,pages file,avg. disk queue all goes to highest level when i browse my folders specialy near hang up when right click on them.

funny thing is that i have two windows,the other one i use for my games and several services disabled.i have no such a problem with that windows and i didnt have in this one since few weaks ago.

help please. :(

i never had any problem with kaspersky anti-virus nor kaspersky internet security. that kind of problem sounds like maybe windows went crazy on some drivers (too bad this hapens kinda often sometimes). try uninstall/install of all your drivers to see if that corrects the problem.

you didnt posted what processes were eating your cpu/memory. if this happens, normally, they are the problem and the solution, just reinstall the program(s) that are eating resources.

the last solution, stick to The Windows Golden Rule: "if the problem is not too bad, reboot. If the problem is critical, reformat."