Video Card BIOS

Aegis

Would it be possible to interchange video BIOS files from different manufacturers? For example, I have an MSI 7800GT with a latest BIOS version of 5.70.02.13.01. The Leadtek 7800GT comes with a BIOS version of 5.70.02.16.68. Are these interchangeable?

I'm also curious of a more drastic mod. Can I exchange BIOS files between different cards, such as the 7800GT BIOS with the 7800GTX 512MB BIOS (after some changes with a video BIOS editor)?

And say that my BIOS tests failed, rendering the video card corrupt. Could I reflash the BIOS without a functional (corrupt BIOS) card?

Edited by Aegis

asuming you can use your computer without a video card you can reflash it if it goes corrupt, however there are motherboards that will refuse to boot in this configuration.

whats the point in flashing to a newer bios in this case? none i would guss

its video drivers that effect prefromance not bios.

the only reason i remember for flashing a card was to unlock pipelines, unfortunatly your 7800gt has none to unlock.

Have a PCI-card at hand to avoid having to blind-flash if something goes wrong...

Since most cards (of the same model) are almost identical you can probably use other BIOS-files, just make sure you get the right version (PAL/NTSC and tv-out chip manufacturer) if you want the tv-out to work as supposed to (it probably applies to VIVO or similar too).