Progress Bars for Installs via kTools and WPI

Answers for MSI installers found here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=467708

I think kenedy resolved the bugs with MSI and could easily be handled by a slight change to generate.js...original was written for backward compatibility with the RunOnceEx method of installs.

If we are not interested in that, we can open up all the commands and functionality of kTools.

i finally got all this to work. but i have one question i setup a test run and had calc.exe, cmd.exe, and dxdiag.exe execute. just as a test run. every thing worked great except that cmd opened minimized and so did dxdiag. i would like to know if this is normal behaviour ( calc opened normal ). when i run my original wpi (without ktools) every thing opens normally. what would cause that?

edit - i checked out the ktools thread- i configured my max\min\hide in my config.ifi file. but that still did not fix the windows minimizing. please help

Edited by phatkat98

i finally got all this to work. but i have one question i setup a test run and had calc.exe, cmd.exe, and dxdiag.exe execute. just as a test run. every thing worked great except that cmd opened minimized and so did dxdiag. i would like to know if this is normal behaviour ( calc opened normal ). when i run my original wpi (without ktools) every thing opens normally. what would cause that?

edit - i checked out the ktools thread- i configured my max\min\hide in my config.ifi file. but that still did not fix the windows minimizing. please help

i believe its set to function this way in order to have wpi minimized during installs

i believe its set to function this way in order to have wpi minimized during installs

i messed with the source code most of last night i hope this is okay.

the original codelooks like this

Dim $Flag									  ;default flag for installation
If IniRead (@ScriptDir & "\config\config.ini", "config", "WindowMode" , "Minimize") = "Minimize" Then $Flag = @SW_MINIMIZE
If IniRead (@ScriptDir & "\config\config.ini", "config", "WindowMode" , "Minimize") = "Maximize" Then $Flag = @SW_MAXIMIZE
If IniRead (@ScriptDir & "\config\config.ini", "config", "WindowMode" , "Minimize") = "Hide" Then $Flag = @SW_HIDE

i changed it to this

Dim $Flag									  ;default flag for installation
If IniRead (@ScriptDir & "\config\config.ini", "config", "WindowMode" , "Restore") = "Minimize" Then $Flag = @SW_MINIMIZE
If IniRead (@ScriptDir & "\config\config.ini", "config", "WindowMode" , "Restore") = "Maximize" Then $Flag = @SW_MAXIMIZE
If IniRead (@ScriptDir & "\config\config.ini", "config", "WindowMode" , "Restore") = "Hide" Then $Flag = @SW_HIDE
If IniRead (@ScriptDir & "\config\config.ini", "config", "WindowMode" , "Restore") = "Restore" Then $Flag = @SW_RESTORE

now it still does not conform to the config file but now i see my applications.

i tried if statements and select statements none worked.

i added the compiled .exe for anyone who wants restored windows.

kTool.zip

Edited by phatkat98

If i am not wrong, this is WPI with progressbar?

I want to ask you all, do you have notice the order of applications (for example number 999) dont work and it is in alphabetical order instead of the numbers in THIS version? In 4.3.5 it works fine, in 4.3.8 and 1.1 it dont, so i want to know this version too?