Looking for Better spyware, addware scaner

kurt476

Hi, :hello: i'm loking for a better spyware/adware scanner that dose scan installer packages.

I want the spyware/adware scanner to scan the installer package before i install the softare.

Is there a spyware scan that dose this already?

as far as i know you wont find any antispy/malware scanner that can scan an install package

Even if your AV software can't scan inside the package, it does scan EVERY file before it writes itself to memory or the the disk drive. So any quality virus scanner /w AntiSpyware support will block the virus/spyware no matter how you package it. Also keep in mind, any good virus scanner can scan inside a .ZIP file, and possibly other archived files (.CAB) and most likely even .MSI.

You should contact an AV vendor or find a white paper to find out for sure but I'll bet the shirt on my back that Panda AV can scan all of these formats.

Of course I'm guessing you want to scan your packages you create and/or download off of here and I don't blame you, but at the same time you should NOT be using a PC in today's world without an updated virus & spyware scanner. I mean, would you drive your care down the road without a seat belt?

BTW, the best Spyware realtime blocker & remover is MS's AntiSpyware (love or hate MS, it is the best, that's why they bought it). And this comes from a guy that's been running Spybot since 2001. Considering MS has been improving MS AS I'm sure it will scan at least .ZIP and .MSI installs and .EXE packages (which are often just a .ZIP file merged with a GUI unzipper.

Of course I'm guessing you want to scan your packages you create and/or download off of here and I don't blame you, but at the same time you should NOT be using a PC in today's world without an updated virus & spyware scanner. I mean, would you drive your care down the road without a seat belt.

Although this is true for most ppl i havent had any antivirus/spyware program installed on this pc for over a year and have yet to get infected with anything other than a couple of harmless cookies. It all depends entirely on the user and how competant they are at securing theyre pc and not downloading or installing content that cant be gauranteed as safe.

This may be overkill to some people, but whenever I install a piece of software for the first time I always install it on VMware first. And usually when I do that, I'm also performing a two step snaphot using AdminStudio so that I know every single file and every single registry entry made. Call me paranoid, but when I'm preparing to install an application to over 100 workstations, I want to know what's going on. And I've been burned pretty bad in the past too. I don't want to repeat that experience.

• 3 weeks later...

well the adware/antispyware needs to scan every script of the installer like wise, whater those installers that we install with need to be scan before installing.

i was hopping for a better adware/antispyware scanner that can scan scripts for real. :whistle:;)