Regarding the KB898461...

Super-Magician

I'm assuming the 898461 problem applies to everyone, right?

Anyway, there are a few tiny spelling errors I found in the script. I don't know exactly what lines they are on (how do you find that out?), but...

extacted should be extracted (under the two "GET NEW SOURCE FILE" sections)

ECHO Updating DOSNET.SIF should be ECHO Updating DOSNET.INF (under the "CABCOMPACT" section)

At one point (51224), you had "ECHO SP%SP%.CAB and DRIVER.CAB Merged", which resulted in "SPSP2.CAB and DRIVER.CAB Merged", for example, but you fixed it after writing the SPXCAB option.

Also, just a suggestion or comment: Would it be possible to make, let's say, a SP2.cab file instead of a generic SPx.cab file? I noticed that in the script, no matter what SP was originally applied in the SOURCE, an SPx.cab file was created. Is this so you wouldn't have to type everything to determine what SP it is?

BTW, great job on HFSLIP, tommyp! I can't believe how much effort was put into your "little" (148KB) script. :)

-- Super-Magician

Edited by Super-Magician

Super-Magician - I'm not sure where you are getting out with a posting that 898461 doesn't function. I replied to this matter on the first thread on this sub-forum. It is fixed with the latest revision and possibly a simple edit of the file. This issue was solved by TomCat76 over the past weekend and his tests on the last version of HFSLIP have no issues. (Thanks Tomcat76!) :thumbup

As far as the driver repacking. "SPX" was chosen because I did not want to repack the current SP you are slipstreaming. This results in the fastest repacking. HFSLIP could care less what SP you are running because all the information about drivers is listed in the drvindex.inf file. All I do is redirect what files are in the new SPX cab in the drvindex.inf (and modify the other setup files accordingly). Also, if you would rather have one cab, you can choose the driver merge option (the A, B or C if you read the screen prompts). When this selection is done, there will be no SP2.CAB; everything is merged into driver.cab.