XPize Icons Request

zerodb

Hi - I'm a long time lurker, posted a couple of times tho. Huge fan of XPize.

But I have a couple of a requests for future releases.

The first is about the custom PNG icon - great idea, Windows doesn't actually have an icon for PNG files. But when you install the office 2003 picture manager, it applies it's own PNG icon which looks like this:

85e0f071.jpg

Looks great, the only problem is that it has the ugly office picture manager icon superimposed in the top left-hand corner. Now wouldn't it be great if we could use this icon for PNGs but without the office picture manager logo? This way, we would have an icon for PNG files dinstinct from the other icons that still fits in with the "XP" feel. Sure, we would have to be creative & clever about the space where the office logo disappears, but i'm sure it could be done - I at least think it's a really good idea. I'm sure one of the clever resource artisits working in the XPize project could do it!

The second idea is a bit easier to implement. How about a custom icon like this for ISO, NRG, CUE, BIN, etc. files?

be0355e1.jpg

I actually have the icon myself, I think I got it from deviantart or somewhere. I can do a search if you guys want.

My third request is a bit of an odd one, so I'm not to sure whether it can be taken on board or not, but it's worth a shot. Ok, I use Microsoft Reader to read and view eBooks. It's a great program, the only problem is, is that the icons for it look like something predating Windows 95:

591d70f3.jpg

cababda2.jpg

Ok, I know it's not the most common of apps. But again, it would be great if someone could download the reader and give it a bit of a facelift - the icons I mean. Just to make it fit in with XP. And a custom file icon for MS Reader ebooks (.lit) would be great too. Even if it doesn't become part of XPize, I'd still appreciate it. I would try all of this myself btw, only my graphics creation skills are, well... they don't exist!

Well that all I can think of for the moment. Some more custom file type icons in the future would be fantastic too, perhaps for some more common filetypes like PDF, or a generic HTML/Web icon.

Well thanks for a great program Xpero and team!

First of all: Thank you VERY much for XPize! Awesome job!

I'm in need for several icons in my controlcenter.

bluetooth-sys.jpgnvidia-sys.jpgnokia-sys.jpg

and antivir-sys.jpg which should show the a icon from my virus scaner: http://www.antivir-pe.de/index.php?id=54

And a icon for a program I use often: paperport-start.jpg

If that would be possible I'll love XPize even more! ;) Thanks!

[edit]I just saw it - the TweakUI icon looks also creepy[/edit]

Edited by Mr_Angelus