SVCD to DVD? how do you do it?

Synapse

ok, yes, i know i would probably get a better answer from the doom9 forums or another forum, but i don't feel like signing up to another forum :lol: ...

i got a SVCD movie that i had broken down to 3 SVCD's about 4 years ago, and was an id*** and converted them to PAL (lol) they play fine on my computer, but want to merge the 3 CD's to 1 DVD.

now, i got 3 mpg files, copied them to my hard drive but have roughly 2 seconds of overlay that i would want to remove as well so the merge is completly seamless. I've been trying to follow some of the tutorials out there, and have yet to find out how exactly to do this.

I have used TMPG and under MPEG Tools, i merged all 3 mpgs into 1, and have opened VirtualDub and removed the 2 second overlay.. but where i run into problems is that virtual dub only allows to save as AVI.. and don't know what to do from there..

so, how do you guys take SVCD (PAL @ 25FPS) and convert it to DVD (NTSC @ 23.976FPS)?

I've been following the tutorial here so far: http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=166237

any suggestions or tips on doing this..?

normal NTSC is 29.97, but since i converted it to PAL 4 years ago, the FPS is 25, if i try going back up to 29.97 it will come out really crappy.. so the only way to get that to play normally on an NTSC T.V. is to take the FPS down to 23.976.

from what i've read that is, i'm not even sure if 23.976 would play on my NTSC T.V.

I'll try that program you suggested, thanks.