MST file creator

akira

Hi guys I'm looking to create a simple MST file for an MSI..

I've seen Adminstudio but it's far to complicated for what I'm after.

Anyone know any other way?

The program I'm trying to automate is Quark.

I have to help out a complete muppet when it comes to PC's

He can't even install Office (so I've created an automated installer for him).

I want to do it for this.

• 3 weeks later...

A quick and easy solution to create a mst file is to use Install tayloor from Wise.

It is a free application.

"As more applications are delivered to system administrators already in .MSI format, you need a way to easily customize them for deployment in your organization. How can you quickly and easily create transforms (.MST file) to prepare packages for distribution? With InstallTailor, now offered as a free, fully-functional, stand-alone tool.

InstallTailor is the only free utility for automated transform creation. Why resort to substandard, ineffective tools when you can get a free, reliable tool from the packaging experts at Wise?

InstallTailor lets you customize Windows Installer installations by simulating running the package as you make the desired changes. Your changes to the package are recorded and the .MST file is created. The .MST file is then applied to the base .MSI file at runtime to execute your customizations. With InstallTailor, you can easily use the preferred method of Windows Installer customization, .MST files, to establish uniform installation settings across your enterprise."

Download from here

http://209.104.132.210/InstallTailor_6_0.msi