bcdw not doing its job.

CptMurphy

I'm trying to get TrueImage 9 to work. I've got the .wbt file in my BOOT folder. The cdshell.ini file is coded like this:

if $lastKey == key[3]; then bcdw /boot/TRUEIMG.WBT

For the BCDW end, I just extracted everything but the replacement cdshell file into the boot folder which included putting some of the files in the modules folder. I've also searched the forum but all the workarounds they have don't work. I've also read that cdshell 2.1.x and bcdw 1.5 doesn't work toghether. Does anyone have any alternatives, maybe an older version? I've looked around for cdshell 2.0 but can't find it. All help is appreciated.

Cool, thanks! Do you also know why it is that Partition Magic isn't working with the memdisk command? I made the two floppy recovery disks. Then injected both disks into one .ima file. That is coded like this:

if $lastKey == key[2]; then memdisk /boot/PM8.IMA

[uPDATE]

Okay, I used the code and I got past the "cannot find bcdw command" part. Now I'm getting a "Boot failed, press any key to reboot".

[/uPDATE]

Edited by m3n70r

Cool, thanks! Do you also know why it is that Partition Magic isn't working with the memdisk command? I made the two floppy recovery disks. Then injected both disks into one .ima file. That is coded like this:

if $lastKey == key[2]; then memdisk /boot/PM8.IMA

[uPDATE]

Okay, I used the code and I got past the "cannot find bcdw command" part. Now I'm getting a "Boot failed, press any key to reboot".

[/uPDATE]

For PM 8, I created a Win98 boot image, and put the Dos version of PM8 in the image