Tab Mix Plus v0.3

DigeratiPrime

http://tmp.garyr.net/

Tab Mix Plus v0.3 (windows.pnglinux.pngmacosx.png) - Whats New!

• Added Session Manager
    • Save Sessions
    • Recover Closed Windows

[*]Added Crash Recovery

[*]Improved friendlier options window

• Export and import settings
    • New editor for file types

[*]Customize styles for current tab, unread tabs, and progress meter

[*]Improved ctrl-tab support [cmd-tab on mac]

[*]Improved rename tab functionality

[*]Fixed compatibility issues with various extensions

[*]Huge amounts of bug fixes and more customizations

Download Current Version- (1.0 - 1.6a1)

One of the best Firefox extensions! :yes:

Edited by DigeratiPrime

@slimzky - FF doesn't check for updates constantly. if you look in about:config, you'll see:

app.update.timer

mine is set to 600000, whatever that means. if it's seconds, then it amounts to about once a week.

o ic... @ DigeratiPrime i found a bug... on TabMixPlus v 3

how come the close button in othe tab cannot be disabled? am i doing it wrong.. i unchecked it in the options & i restarted my FF... & the close button in each tab is still there... :no:

untitled6cr.th.jpg

no need to edit the css your just not looking hard enough.

on your screenshot you curently have the 'tab bar' options selected.

you need to be on 'tab' options. and uncheck 'close tab button'

for me, that option hides or un-hides a single close tab button all the way on the right of the tab bar, not the close buttons on the tabs themselves.

@DigeratiPrime

i really love this extension..totally fab, and the new update is great..

one question...would it be possible to change the background colour of the background tabs? i would love to be able to set the background tab colour to, say, light grey, to enable my current tab to really stick out..i have already set the option to underline and bold for the current tab.

thank you

i dont think there are any bugs with this extension, ive been using it for months. Everyones using Firefox 1.5 right? Maybe a conflict with another extension(s)?

@atomizer do you still have that css added in your chrome file? try removing it. also what you described doesnt seem possible. there are TWO options: one to hide the close tab button on the tab bar; another to hide the close tab button on just the tabs. the option for the latter is shown in the screenshot above.

@liquidguru I think you want to click on Display>Tab>Customize Styles>Unread Tabs. The customize styles button is visible in the screenshot i posted above.

@liquidguru I think you want to click on Display>Tab>Customize Styles>Unread Tabs. The customize styles button is visible in the screenshot i posted above.

sorry DigeratiPrime...my post wasn't quite clear enough (i wondered if that might be so when i read it :) )

what i meant was not the 'unread tabs' but the 'unfocused tabs' that have already loaded, i have read, but am focused on another tab now...so my current tab would have a white background, bold text (no probelms) and underlined (for example) and all my other ten tabs have, say, a light grey background with black text, and my one -unread tab has red text, or whatever...in the customize styles box i can only customize the text colour, not the background, and that is only for the current or unread tabs...not the unfocused tabs

thanks for the speedy eariler reply

ah i understand. I think what you want is not a current feature of tabmixplus. It would probably interfere with themes other than the default.

You may want to look at the Colorful Tabs extension. I havent used it so I am not sure how it works.

Otherwise you may want to post a request on his forum here http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/

Also I just wanted to point out that the hompage there is a link to Feature Help with an 18 page pdf.

@DigeratiPrime

thanks for the reply. i tried Colorful Tabs, but, frankly, it was too colourful...i prefer something a little more monochromatic..

using your link to the forum i did, however, find the solution (Link)

..thanks very much for your help. i appreciate it :)

@atomizer do you still have that css added in your chrome file? try removing it. also what you described doesnt seem possible. there are TWO options: one to hide the close tab button on the tab bar; another to hide the close tab button on just the tabs. the option for the latter is shown in the screenshot above.

well, the problem is that an id*** will never see that second option and i'm an id***.

i must've went through the TMP options at least 5 times and missed that EVERY time. i updated my prior post and removed that code.

to all that stuck that code in your userChrome.css, remove it. not needed.