my vista is sloww :(

achtung

My Vista(5270) works good only when I copying files from system disk :((

i dont understand it :(

when the disk is not used (no READ , no WRITE ),,,, my system is slow ,,, :(((( (like in games with 3-4 fps) :(((

i have athlon 2400+

1gb ram ,,, 80 gb ATA disk(system) , + 250 gb ATA (data) disk

gf6600 - 256MB

virtual memory - 2048MB

i mean this is good configuration for Vista :)

please help :)

thx :)

remeber, since all the games that you testing on vista have never been coded to run there, most apps will run a little slower, ones that rely on parts of the OS that have signifcantly changed, (ie graphics) there may be more of a slow down

diretx 9 can run on 2k3, though getting games to run also is another issue, i would say the biggest problem lies in the fact that the driver model for vista has been changed. the LDDM driver most likely aren't going to react the way that the games are expecting them to, causeing the slowness that you are seeing, even using none LDDM drivers vista is expecting the new style drivers and probably won't do as well with non-LDDM drivers. I am actually amazed that you got any games to run... couldn't get civ 4 going :(

Edited by fizban2

it does accelrated graphics are turned off by default since they aren't used by many business programs, but they can be turned back on, it was easier for them just to have directx and acc graphics turned off rather then try and take it out of the code

Your video drivers probably arn't installed or configured properly. You're required to install the drivers for your chipset before installing the video drivers!

Since there are only beta drivers for vista, if they weren't working he would not ever ba able to ge the game running. also if his chipset won't need to be updated, unless the mothboard maker has been very proactive and been creating beta vista drivers, then the ones that come with vista will be the only ones that work

• 4 weeks later...
My vista is so slow, too.

My PC is P4 2.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 64MB VC GF4. The RAM usage isnt so big, but the CPU usage kills my PC. I don't know whats hardware want this OS. WOW

Check your services, as I pointed out on a another thread. My CPU was usage was 100% due services couldn't get started and hanged on "starting" state.