fdv: IE engine doubts

januh

ah, it was a typo, that MSHTML. gotta fix that, sorry

WINHTML.INF - yes, all of that junk is what you need for CHM files, for real. in other words, IE's pretty much gotta be in there. i dont know, i never used help files much :blink: i did need it once for microsoft's developer notes for dotnet framework, oh well, had to use a virtual machine.

AU - it installs the old automatic update. i dont even know if that's worhtwhile anymore; i suspect not. anyway i have it commented out in SYSOC.

Ah a double typo then, thanks :thumbup

I once used the wrong acronym (very wrong) on a dozen powerpoint pages I had already printed to color transparencies :ph34r:

And yeah, it will be a cold day in hell before I let some automatic utility download who knows what new screwup from MS without my checking the KB article and feedback for it first.

• 1 month later...

Just a question: what about xchm? I'd like to rename it to hh.exe and have it in system32 alonside with that ming*.dll, but I can't figure which folder should I put it to not interfere with fdvs fileset. Also, what should I do to make it the default app for chm files without having to associate it manualy after install?

PE: And alsoo... :) I wanted to change its icon to the original hh.exe's but ResourceHacker says the executable is compressed. How can I resolve that?

PE2: Win2000 I'm using, if it matters