Fdv's files: Dial-up?

januh

Hi everybody!

I want to get back dial-up functionality to hfslipped Windows, treated w/fdvfiles. Unfortanetely I spotted the lack of it recently and I really would like to change that...

Could you tell me how to do it? Thanks in advance...

I don't use dial-up connection as it's supposed (through telephone line) but I use CDMA connection that is created exactly like dial-up. It works fine. What is your problem: can you create a connection in Control Panel > Network and Dial-up Connections? What is the error message?

When I open "Network connection creator", I cannot choose the "connect to internet via telephone connection" option, it's gray. Sorry for names, but I don't know, how they are called in english version.

I don't use dial-up too, but want to install ie-stripped down version of windows on friend's machine and she does connect with dial-up... Maybe the reason for graying option is lack of any modem on my computer?

PS. Woah! It's nearly 3am here in Wroclaw! I'm going to bed... Good night then, thanks for your support!

Edited by januh

Ok... So assure me please, 'cos I won't have any opportunity to check this before messing up friend's computer... There will be dialog for username/pass after opening that "Dialup to private network" connection, right?

januh

You can try it yourself - it doesn't hurt ;)

Just tried: My Computer > Control Panel > Network and Dial-up Connections > Make New Connection > Dialup to private network (very simple wizard) and then there will be a Connect * (your connection name) window where you enter User Name, Password, Dial (telephone number). Everything seems to be working.

Huh... Sorry for bugging you :blushing: I had to install some modem, to open the created connection, and yes... There were everything what i expected, what you said, that there is, but I had to ask three times and check it myself. :lol: Thanks for attention!

Topic over!

Hi everybody!

I want to get back dial-up functionality to hfslipped Windows, treated w/fdvfiles. Unfortanetely I spotted the lack of it recently and I really would like to change that...

Could you tell me how to do it? Thanks in advance...

I have 56k dial up and I still have dial up support after using the FDV file set and HFSLIP.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP