CDR & DVD ROM recognized, but won't run!

excessdl

i've uninstalled and reinstalled my cdr drive and dvd drive multiple times.. each time they show up in the device manager with an exclamation saying:

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

any help on how this can be fixed? anybody else having this problem?

thanks.

~whinston

xs@whinston.com

the CD-r is a Ricoh CD-R/RW MP7040a .. i downloaded the flash.exe from ricoh's website, but the program needs windows to recognize the drive first.. and the drive is only recognized in the device manager as not working.. it does not show up in explorer. i figure if i can get one of them working i can get the other.. more info: they were both fine when i installed xp pro.. then i tried installing cd creator 5.02 and it didn't recognize my burner as a burner.. so i tried upgrading its firmware and now both the cdrw and dvd are screwwed...

xs@whinston.com

No, No service pack yet but there putting one togther to be released, hopefully soon. Ok then this is your last option to fix it. Put you XP cd in and choose other options on the screen. Then pick Repair option.

-XPerties

I have a similar problem. My drives Pioneer DVD and LITE-ON 1201B CD-RW worked fine under ME and XP until I loaded Easy CD 5.0. Since then DM shows that the driver is bad. (there is no driver for this P&P drive. I replaced the CD-RW with a Hi-Val CD-RW which shows up on the DM as a Lite-On 24102B and still shows as with a bad driver. I would also appreciate suggestions.

Guest LouCypher

I have a similar problem. My drives Pioneer DVD and LITE-ON 1201B CD-RW worked fine under ME and XP until I loaded Easy CD 5.0. Since then DM shows that the driver is bad. (there is no driver for this P&P drive. I replaced the CD-RW with a Hi-Val CD-RW which shows up on the DM as a Lite-On 24102B and still shows as with a bad driver. I would also appreciate suggestions. [/quote:7a0d5eb52b]

Did you make sure to upgrade your EZCD to the latest version before restarting after initially installing it? I think (since I don't use EZCD) the latest version is 5.02. If it's not the latest version it will cause problems with your system.